cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Mjn1

Voicemail not working

I joined plus net on the 22/3/17 and ever since my voicemail hasn't worked. I have also been told that when friends are trying to call me they are often getting the message that my phone is unavailable!! This is extremely serious due to the fact I run an Internet based business and rely on customers ringing me with purchases. If they are getting this message they will go elsewhere!! Please get these issues fixed ASAP. Regards Martin 

2 REPLIES 2
rockradio1

Re: Voicemail not working

I am a new phone customer although been with plusnet/metronet broadband for years. Just discovered my new phone service has voicemail switched on. I don't want this so tired to send a message to ask for it to be turned off.

Only options are semi-automated chat with lots of dopey answers to go through before getting to chat. I will not use chat as hate it. Same goes for the other option of actually phoning and speaking to someone. Not something I like doing. 

I found a solution. I went to the home phone control panel and even though I had voicemail on my line it was not showing as ticked in control panel. I decided to try switching it on with a view of removing it later. I switched on and waited for the emails to say my order has been completed, then went back to control panel and removed the voicemail service. 

IT WORKED Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Voicemail not working

Sorry to hear you're having problems Martin. I'm unable to find your account from your forum details you've entered on signup. Drop me a PM with your username and I'll look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet