cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail & intermittent caller ID

dfjh1a

Voice mail & intermittent caller ID

I'm experiencing the same problems as posted earlier by cfcws.  1571 has been started on my line without my knowledge and I can't turn it off.  The caller ID sometimes works and other times comes up as "external".  This happens on landline and mobile numbers - it's odd that one moment everything works fine then an hour later the same number comes up as the dreaded "external"
6 REPLIES 6
TechSup
Dabbler

Re: Voice mail & intermittent caller ID

Voicemail can be turned off it the Home phone control panel <a href="https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_remove_call_features">here</a>. As for the intermittent caller ID please call tech support on 0800 432 0200 as we will need to raise it to open reach for investigation.
dfjh1a

Thanks for the reply.
Caller ID has now re-appeared.  This may have something to do with a BT Openreach van appearing at the junction box on the village crossroads.  The downside of this is that we lost telephone service for a couple of hours on the 15th a.m.  This left my disabled wife coping with an emergency Careline modem continually beeping to alert her it has a problem but with no line to report the issue.  Will Plusnet request that Openreach let customers know the line is to be serviced before they pull the plug?
As to the 1571 problem.  My Plusnet phone control panel seems only to have the facility of turning voicemail on but not off - unless I'm having a senior moment!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you go to the Call Features tab in the Phone Control Panel, as you found the default tab on that page is for turning features on. However next to it is another tab which is for turning features off. The direct link to this is Remove call features.
David
dfjh1a

Thanks for that spraxyt.  However the only call feature enabled is caller ID.  There is no 1571 feature listed to "dis-enable".
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there.
If your voicemail service is active without it appearing active on the Member Centre control panel, then it is likely it is only active on our back end Openreach system. This can happen from time to time. I would recommend contacting us by phone or webchat so that we can disable it for you.
Hope this helps.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@dfjh1a - Apologies for the delayed response. I've placed an order to remove voicemail from your line to bring your call features in-line with the features currently showing on your account. I hope this helps Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet