cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow to navigate

dosch
Grafter

Very slow to navigate

For a while now the Home Phone section of the site has been extremely slow. Sometimes taking 4 or 5 attempts to click between pages. eg from Calls Made to Itemised Bill and back etc. I'm aware of the problems with data updating at the moment but I don't know if this is a related issue. Is it a general problem or just me? The rest of the PN site, as well as the rest of the web, seems to be working normally.
I raised this point, via My Questions, along with another couple of questions. They answered all but this one.
11 REPLIES 11
coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: Very slow to navigate

I've no problem clicking between the pages.  They load up at normal speed with just one click as far as I'm concerned.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Haven't noticed any particular problem, HTH.
dosch
Grafter

Thanks.
Not the answer I was hoping for obviously. Looks like it's my end then, although what it could be I don't know. I'll just hope it eventually rights itself.
Thanks again
coastergrotto
Grafter

I have just clicked between the pages on the Home Phone section just now to check it out for you and the pages are all loading up at normal speed without any problems.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Same here, no problems.
dosch
Grafter

I can see a straw floating just ahead and I'm paddling frantically towards it now, but the only thing that comes to mind is that it may have started at about the same time as I put AVG 8 on. Having said that I still get no problems with anything else, just certain parts of the PN site.
Thanks again for testing for me.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I run AVG 8 also and it hasn't affected my speed when swiching between pages.
dosch
Grafter

Oh well, that's probably AVG out of the equasion.
I spent some time clicking around the PN site earlier on and it seems to happen all over the site on some pages but not on others. I'll just learn to live with it I s'pose.
Cheers
coastergrotto
Grafter

I don't know what speed you are synching at but before I switched to MAX DSL I also found the PlusNet site to be one of the slowest to load up and navigate.
paulby
Grafter

@dosch
It may be an MTU issue.
Have a look at this page and try setting your MTU to 1430 and RWIN to 166800 and see how you get on.
It may speed things up a bit but, as coastergrotto has said, the PN site isn't the fastest around - especially when looking at account related info (probably due to it having to access various data bases to get details).
dosch
Grafter

Well I did that and things have started working. Can't say I noticed any great increase in speed, but some of the pages which either refused to open or needed to be kicked to death before they responded are now working ok.
Many thanks.