cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very odd introduction to plusnet....

steveng4237

Very odd introduction to plusnet....

hello all, first forum post, please dont bite....
We recently bought a new home in a rural location and decided to go with PN for calls and broadband. Had to order the service via telephone as the website could not find the correct name/number combination for our cottage's address (first clue about upcoming problem). The order was taken by the person on the phone with no mention of any difficulty tracing an active telephone line at the property and i paid for a years line rental in advance plus BB. received the standard emails and texts telling me the dates that my line would be activated, approx 2 weeks after the order was placed if i remember correctly.
Then a couple of days before that date i received an email from PN telling me that my order had been terminated for some reason, i knew i hadn't done anything to terminate the order so i called PN and was told that "The previous property owner has removed the phone line from the address, there is no working phone line at your address" This sounded highly unlikely to me and said so but i did call the previous owner via the estate agent, just to check, and they confirmed all they had done was to transfer their BT account from the old address to their new in the standard way and all had been fine. So i got back in touch withPN and was told that Openreach had to attend the property to re-install a working line at the property, should cost £30 but would be free to me as i was not told of any potential problems at the time i ordered. So an appt has been made for Openreach to attend on 30th Jan which was over 6 weeks from the initial order being placed.
Just to add a little more confusion to it all i was chatting to a neighbour who has enquired "are you trying to get a service from Plusnet at all?" yes i tell him, he says "well i have received a letter from them telling me that i am trying to change my supply to them and i havent ever called them"
It turns out the phone lines are quite literally a bit of a mess and have been since the cottages were divided and extensions to them built but the point is that there IS a working phone line there but i have to wait over 6 weeks for Openreach to turn up and go "its been here all the time, why are we here?"
Frustrating!!
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Very odd introduction to plusnet....

[Censored]
Welcome to the forums
Hopefully a Digital Care Team member can help a bit on Monday
steveng4237

Heres hoping.
Anyone........
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just looked into this and can see this note against the original order "9090 BTR Cancel Other - End User Not Moving" That would imply that we requested it's cancellation and I would assume from what I can gather that this was down to human error, maybe a mix up of your account details with that of another customer.
I'm sorry this has set things back a while for you and will make sure your first month of broadband subscription is discounted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steveng4237

Thats generous and many thanks but is there any way of getting the line activated before 30th Jan since its fairly evident there is no requirement for Openreach to visit the property now? The problem is made more aggravating by the fact that i am still based in my old London address but the new property is in Cornwall and i am having to travel there specially for the engineers visit on the 30th Jan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

any way of getting the line activated before 30th Jan

I'm afraid not, the only reason being is that the 30th is literally  the soonest available engineer visit for your area.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steveng4237

OK, lets hope he turns up.....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There should be no reason why not, in a worse case scenario I'd advise posting on this thread again and I'll look into it.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steveng4237

Adam, i dont want to appear pushy but is there any way of checking if Openreach will deffo be attending my address today as arranged, ive made one half of the 450 mile round trip and id hate for it to be wasted as i must leave here tonight to go back
Thank you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, no worries. I've checked the details of your order and the engineer is still booked to arrive between 1pm and 6pm today.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
steveng4237

Thank you
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, glad to see that you're now set up and online. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team