Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very noisy line

LukeS
Grafter

Re: Very noisy line

Hi Kati,
If you're using a wireless phone, it is entirely possible that the noise you can hear is just on the wireless connection between the handset and the base station. Broadband doesn't appear to be affected too much, so I'd definitely recommend trying a corded phone in the test socket. You could borrow one or even buy a really cheap one just for testing purposes.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: LukeS
.. corded phone.. You could .... even buy a really cheap one just for testing purposes.

The other reason for having a basic corded phone is so that you can make and receive phone calls during a power cut.
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi Kati
Again, I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to remedy the noisy phone line.
As we have been unable to locate any problem from this side, the only alternative option that we have is to arrange for an Openreach engineer to attend the property to try and diagnose and repair the issue.
As such, if you could possibly provide me with a time slot that would be best for the engineer to attend. The slots are am ( 8am til 1pm) or pm (1pm til 6pm)
Hopefully we will then be able to get the matter resolved for you as soon as possible