cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed!

Surfer
Grafter

Very disappointed!

I got my bill today and there was a huge jump which I could not account for so when and checked.  I noticed that line rental had been added which was a bit puzzing so checked as I pay that in advance.  I had last paid it on 09/03/2014 however I received no reminder about renewing it again this year which is annoying.  It would have been nice to receive a notcie that the line rental was about to expire.  Now I have to wait until my account has been debited before renewing again!  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Very disappointed!

Hi there,
You are able to renew up to three months beforehand with the Line Rental Saver. We send correspondence out two months beforehand asking if you want to renew. I've taken a look at your account and I can see that in your circumstance, the email was sent out on January 25th.
A point of discussion in the past has been whether or not we send out the correspondence too early. I think that this may also apply to you (though correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

Found it however that was three months ago.  A timely reminder early March would have been nice!  If I pay the annual line rental today, will my bill be adjusted to reflect this or will a credit be passed for the next month?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The twelve months will take effect from your next billing date, which is about a month from today.
Surfer
Grafter

Okay thanks.  In future is there any chance of a reminder a bit closer to the time as 3 months is way back in time?  I think the same thing happened last year.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not by automation.
What I'll do is I'll send a ticket to our customer service team to come "off hold" for March 1st 2016. Shortly after this date, they'll send you an email saying that it's up for renewal.
Hope this helps.
Matty
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: MattyC
What I'll do is I'll send a ticket to our customer service team to come "off hold" for March 1st 2016.

Matty,
Will the ticket system still be around in 12 months time, or will all customer contact have been moved over to CHAT sessions by then?  If the ticket system is here to stay, can we have the link back please ASAP?
On a slightly less contentious note, will this action result in "taking up" one of the "only allowed to have 3 open tickets on an account at any time" constraint?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We need the ticket system internally so we will pick up the ticket again when it comes off hold.
Yes, the ticket will be "taking up" one of the tickets that can be raised on the account, though I have a vague recollection that this was increased sometime since. I'll check when I'm back in the office tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team