Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIP list - Call Protect

Ricky85
Hooked

VIP list - Call Protect

Hello

I've a question about how I add a number to the VIP list after blocking international numbers.

My brother lives in Hong Kong so I only want him to phone me and the VIP list enables me to allow his mobile number to do this.

The problem is I'm not sure how exactly to input it. The Hong Kong code is 85 and my brother's number begins with 2 so what do I put before his number when adding to the VIP list? Would it be 085 2XXX (rest of his number) or 00 85 2XXX (rest of his number) ?

It states the number must begin with a zero. Dialling out we have to dial an '0' and then add another '0' for some reason (entry code?)

I rang customer services but the assistant didn't seem to know, telling me 'we dont know international codes' when I wasn't ringing Plusnet about them!

Would appreciate some advice about this as I'd like him to get through.

I've been with Plusnet since the 25th May and really happy with my service so far!

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: VIP list - Call Protect

Hi @Ricky85,

Thank you for getting in touch. I believe that you will need to put 00 in front of the country code in order to add the international number to your VIP list.

Please let us know if you experience any problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Ricky85
Hooked

Hello EmilyD

I'll try that and hope that works.

Thank you for the rapid response.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

You put numbers in as you would dial them.
00 is the the UK international call prefix.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.