cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a \ symbol on a Panasonic handset

maz1999

Using a \ symbol on a Panasonic handset

I've set up anonymous call barring in my call choices, but am unable to set it up as I need to input the \*227# string on my handset as I can't see how to enter the \ symbol. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Using a \ symbol on a Panasonic handset

I'm wondering if that's a typo in the Call Features Guide

Capture.JPG

as on the BT website it states:

Once you've ordered Anonymous Call Reject you'll then have to turn on the service on your telephone keypad.

• To turn on - Dial *227#
  • To turn off - Dial #227#
  • To check if it’s switched on/off - Dial *#227#

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

There's quite a few occurences of the '\' on those pages. It's as though something/someone seemd to think that the '*' needed 'escaping'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I have flagged this up with my team to investigate this bug on the Help site as this shouldn't be happening.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

maz1999

Thanks for that.

Leaving out the backslash worked inasmuch as I now get a message "Sorry, this service is not available"

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you want Anonymous call reject, you need to add that call feature here: https://www.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features

However you may find that Plusnet Call Protect helps, you've already got that so dial 1572 to get to the menu for that service.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.