cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading phone line/socket in new property

FIXED
graffig

Upgrading phone line/socket in new property

Hi there, I was wondering if it's PlusNet or BT I contact if I want to upgrade my internal phone line and reposition/add socket

Many thanks in advance for any help

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Upgrading phone line/socket in new property

Fix

Hello there @graffig A warm welcome to the community forums

If we're your phone provider, we'll be able to arrange Openreach to move your master phone socket. We would however pass on to you the engineer call out fee of £160.

There's no guarantee that the engineer would upgrade your internal wiring, or add an extension socket, though. Probably your best bet for that is to look into a hiring a third party, qualified, electrician or engineer.

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
graffig

Anoush - thanks so much for getting back to me - I'll investigate a wee bit further Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem, if you ever have any other queries or anything else I can assist with please feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button