Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on open ticket

gillypep
Hooked

Update on open ticket

Ticket number 128524438

Issue raised Wednesday 29th June, BT attended Saturday 2nd July and advised break in outside line and another engineer would attend to fix but no time or day given

Monday 4th July PN Help Assistant says 'Question [ 128524438 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.'

Tuesday 5th July - I have had no update and still have no phone line.  Live Chat is not available to me and I obviously cannot call.

Please fix my phone line or at least inform me of progress

This is not the service I expect from PlusNet!

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Update on open ticket

I'm just looking into this for you.

[edit]

Unfortunately it looks like dig work is needed to gain access to the faulty cables. This has to be approved by your local council and the highway agency so we don't have a date for this yet.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gillypep
Hooked

So I have no phone at all??  Herefordshire council are amazingly slow with this sort of thing. Is there any alternative through the router maybe?

gillypep
Hooked

Please respond, this really isn't good enough

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there, sorry to hear that your fault is still not resolved. I'm not in the office at the moment, however if underground work is required and needs approval from your council, it sounds like an A55 would have been submitted requesting permission. This process can take 5 working days. I'll check on your account first thing tomorrow morning to provide a clearer update.

[Edit]

@gillypep It's as a I thought. The A55 was submitted on the 2nd, so the 5 working day time frame has surpassed and we're to expect an update from Openreach over the next couple of days. Our faults team will update you with more information once we receive an update. I'm sorry for the length of time your fault is going on for.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
gillypep
Hooked

I will ask again: I have had no phone since 29th June; is there an alternative I can use temporarily?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@gillypep wrote:

I will ask again: I have had no phone since 29th June; is there an alternative I can use temporarily?

I'm sorry that your question was missed. We can add a temporary call divert to your line. However, if the calls are diverted to a mobile phone, these would be charged as mobile calls, though.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

If you still have usable broadband ,you could set up a VOIP account?Huh

gillypep
Hooked

Thank you, that's much more helpful