Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusualy Bad Service from Plus Net!

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Unusualy Bad Service from Plus Net!

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who has been without an acceptable phone service from Plus Net, or a decent Internet connection for more than a month.  She reported a dead phone line on November 1st , a week after a BT OR employee disconnected her while up the pole in the road outside her home. Support said after a fortnight that her phone line fault had been fixed but it still  isn't working properly with noise and crackle on the line making it impossible to make a call .  the FO BB is working albeit very slowly . They need to get access to her home to diagnose the fault,  and in trying to arrange this via a series of call and texts and  posts in the members questions area, they now  just seem to have completely given up trying to arrange an appointment. 
Finally when she  tried to contact support on her mobile at the end of last week,  the operator hung up after a couple of minutes.
Further postings on the support thread with my help, produced no response or further contact. She is clearly being ignored
if  someone from a higher authority in Plus Net wants to PM me I will give you this customers user name. Please get in touch with her and sort out her problem.
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Unusualy Bad Service from Plus Net!

Post a ticket/question number from the account - that will let PN staff find the account without the need for a PM.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Its this Question #93939339
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

At the moment we need to know when your friend is available for an engineer visit, unfortunately their latest reply to the ticket doesn't provide us with this information. They can let us know their availability on the ticket without the need to call in, the timeslots available are Mon-Fri AM or PM. AM is 8am-1pm and PM is 1pm-6pm.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Hi Chris: I've checked and this information abut times for visits hasn't been given to her at all,  either verbally on the phone or via text and is not in the question thread . Also: As I pointed out the operator she was speaking to last hung up on her in the middle of a conversation and she has been waiting for PN to call her back,  When people work full time it can be quite difficult to arrange a visit in the time slots mentioned. I'll happily pass the message on,  but please keep trying to contact her. She will need to be 100% sure any visit will happen as she will need to take time off work or arrange for someone to be in when the engineer calls
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Chris: my friend will be available at home Friday 5th December - all day and Thursday 11th PM only. I'll add this information to her question thread but she must have some acknowledgement of the appointment or she will not be at home. Meanwhile is there anything else she should do?