cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited UK and Mobile package with LRS

Richchad
Rising Star

Unlimited UK and Mobile package with LRS

Okay I thought it might be best to start a new topic as it was lost at end of Mad_Moggies post.

I am thinking of switching to Unlimited UK and Mobile package but I am on LRS and have read there have been problems doing this until LRS ends.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed to allow phone package change during the LRS term?

My LRS ends in September, I thought about waiting until it expires but I want to renew the LRS before term ends to avoid the higher June line charges.

So my new LRS will start immediately when old one ends and I assume no time in between to change phone package. 

If PN have sorted the change of phone package while LRS is operational then I could wait until I decide when to switch.

Thanks in advance from anyone who can clarify this.

6 REPLIES 6
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Unlimited UK and Mobile package with LRS

No the problem  remains :

https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/Beware-of-Line-Rental-Saver/m-p/1434620#U1434620

Just to let you know the package will no longer be unlimited.

A new fair usage limit will be applied to call plans which include calls to 0845 and 0870 number - the limit is 150 calls or 1,000 minutes per month, whichever is reached first.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2017/05/plusnet-to-increase-line-rental-and-call-charge...

Regards 

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks for that Mike, I had read those and was hoping something had been done by now to sort this ridiculous problem.

Maybe someone from PN could comment on this?

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

As per my reply to your query on my earlier question, the older Anytime (the one with a discount on some international calls) was changed to Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls successfully on my account despite having LRS. This was a couple of months ago. There's a workaround but I think not all CS people know about it or how it's done.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Richchad Sorry to hear you're unable to change to the Unlimited UK + Mobile Calls package. If you're on a legacy call package you won't be able to change to any of the new call plans released 1st September whilst LRS remains active.

Appreciate this may have been done before, but it's something we're no longer able to do I'm afraid.

I apologise for any disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply Gandalf.

As I mentioned my LRS ends in September, I thought about waiting until it expires but it makes sense to renew the LRS before term ends to avoid the higher June line charges.

So I assume when the LRS term ends in September a new term starts immediately, if I have paid prior to LRS term end,

Can my phone package be changed somehow between end and start of a new LRS, if not I would never be able to switch to the Unlimited UK and Mobile package as I will always have LRS running at some point?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

If you pay your line rental saver within the last 3 months of the old expiring, then it would essentially auto renew with no gap in between so unfortunately wouldn't allow any time to action the product change.

To change to this call package, you would need to allow LRS to expire, put through the product change then renew LRS the following month. Appreciate you're wanting to avoid paying the higher LRS, but there is currently no workaround.

Apologies for any frustration caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet