Did you mean: 

Unconfirmed calls

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Unconfirmed calls

Quote from: Bob
IIRC, the intention was not to process all of the backlogged calls at once. This was done to minimise the impact of customers getting their calls routed to credit control for exceeding their credit limit.

Just to save confusion, I'd like to confirm that call processing is still switched off. We're chasing for an update and should have a revised Service Status published shortly.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

Yup, I'll get an update out later today.
Basically, we're currently looking at a fix to ensure that no further duplicates are added.  One slight problem though is that the relevant table in the database contains 56 million rows, which I think is quite a big number.  As a result of this, we're looking at archiving call data, so that only the last 3 months is not archived, meaning that fixing the problem for this period is *considerably* easier.  We've expecting to have this in testing today, and rolling to the live platform tomorrow, afterwhich call processing will be turned back on.
We made a decision late on Friday not to reenable call processing in the unlikely (but possible) event of the problem reoccurring.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

In database terms 56 million rows isn't much.  I've got a few tables here that have around 100 million rows in them, and one that has just over 620 million rows.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nadger
Rising Star

Just had load of calls added and confirmed - up to date to 16th Sept and part of 17th Sept. Smiley
reserved
Grafter

Mine has now updated to 17/09/09.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

all  good things come in little bundles Crazy
Home Phone / Talk Itemised Billing (58009)
Home Phone
Posted on: Sunday 20 September 2009, 17:30
This is an update to the problem whereby customers have been seeing "double entries" of calls in their Home Phone (Talk) itemised billing records.
After turning call processing back on on Friday evening we have received a number of reports from customers advising that their international calls are being incorrectly charged.
The problem applies to customers who should have inclusive international calls, but the itemised call record shows these calls to be chargeable.
We have done some preliminary investigations, and due to the possible impact of this problem have turned call processing off again.
We will carry out a full investigation of this problem tomorrow, and will ensure all customers affected are refunded for the calls charged incorrectly.
We'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this problem, and thank you for your continued patience.
Kind Regards
Mand Beckett
Customer Support
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79467.0.html refers to the International Calls issue.
godsell4
Rising Star

All my calls from Aug/30th onwards are still 'unconfirmed' is this expected at the moment due to the call processing problems?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

see my reply 20# above
James
Grafter

Quote from: godsell4
All my calls from Aug/30th onwards are still 'unconfirmed' is this expected at the moment due to the call processing problems?

Yes - Work is ongoing.  We need to get a fix rolled for the international calls and then get call processing to catch up, which will take a number of days.