Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbilled Call Charges.....

G0FHM
Grafter

Unbilled Call Charges.....

Hi Guys,
Maybe a member of PN staff can pick this up....
We have today, had an email that reads the following:
Dear X
I'm sorry to tell you that we made a mistake with your previous bill for your phone service. We have had a technical issue that has meant you were charged less than you should have been.
You may have already noticed that we didn't take payment for the call charges part of your phone bill. We did however take payment for your line rental.
This error will have affected the last month's bill and in some cases the one before.

What happens next?
On your next billing date we will take payment for all calls that have not yet been billed.
The outstanding amount for calls is £127
Because some of these calls are from the previous month they will not be visible in your current itemised bill in My Account. This means that the amount you will be charged will be more than that shown currently in your itemised bill.
You will be able to see all the calls for which you will be charged by checking the previous itemised billing periods. To do so please visit:
-----
Err.... excuse me?Huh
We havent been with PN that long, and looking back through the itemised bills, the only previous bill showing in the control panel, is for the period 09/09/2009 - 08/10/2009 which gives a total call cost of £5.83!! In any case, the entire phone bill for the period, with calls, line rental & call features is only £21.78.
Can somebody check this please?Huh
Incidentally, we did learn 2 weeks ago, that Sky were still billing us for line rental, as allegedly they hadn't been told that our service had been transferred over to PN.
The DD for this is due to go tomorrow, and there is not enough money in the account to cover the amount including the alleged £127 calls, so if this is indeed going to be taken, then we will be looking at a £35 bank charge on top.
Is this a monumental smeg up?
User name is downhammadhouse.
Cheers,
James/Clair
58 REPLIES 58
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Unbilled Call Charges.....

At least email I've received only mentioned £0.74 which is correct.
James
Grafter

James/Clair,
We're looking at this currently.  I'll get back to you as soon as I have further information.
James
Grafter

@G0FHM
This was a mistake.  Please accept my sincere apologies.
I'll call you shortly.
G0FHM
Grafter

The jameseh appreciation society has 2 new members  Cheesy
Thanks for the lightning response James, that's made me feel a whole lot better, and all before the "boss" got home from work, too!
Phew!
Cheers,
James
James
Grafter

The boss might have a message from daughter/sister/female person in house that someone tried calling for her.
I managed to get you on your mobile though!
DeeWEss

I've just had an email too.  It says I owe £32 but I have the Anytime call plan for which I pay £5 per month.  What's going on? James - help please.
chaville

Worse, listen to this I have had the same e-mail saying that I owe £587. I have the international and UK call plans too.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have had no calls listed since 14th and period end is two days away,  at least 50% of the last year has been like that
James
Grafter

Hi Deewess,
You can disregard your email too.  It appears that we had a problem with one batch of the emails that we sent out earlier today.
James
Grafter

Guys,
We're aware that a number of people have received an email showing an incorrect value as the outstanding call charge fee.
Please disregard this emails and accept our apologies for any distress that this email may have caused.
chaville

James,
Thank you very much for reassurance but are you sure because with £587 outstanding I am not sure that I will be able to sleep tonight.
James
Grafter

Yep, positive in your case.
I did try giving you a ring, but it went through to voicemail.
Kazbah
Grafter

Will someone tell me what the hell is going on

Ok Plusnet, you have one more chance to redeem yourself, I am really getting sick and tired of this now. One minute my net is totally rubbish which somehow magically seems to start then settle and then you have the audacity to tell me your system has cocked up and you have undercharged me by £25 which you reckon is phone calls, well, i think you had better sort this because there is absolutely no way in this world I would run call charges to that extent when I know i cannot afford to. I am at the end of my tether now and if this isn't rectified I am going elsewhere, tie in or not, you can't stop me, I was going to stick with you and just change net suppliers but now I doubt i'll even do that I am sooooo annoyed. So, which one of you is going to explain why I have had this email then?Huh
starglowannie

OMG - I THINK I'VE MADE A BIG MISTAKE GOING TO PLUSNET

I am so disgusted I can barely bring myself to speak.  I waited 2 months to get my telephone line re-activated, and was even told that neither my house or telephone number existed - despite being able to obtain number by dialling 17070 from the socket.
I noticed that I did not have caller display and was told that when my broadband was activated it would begin then.... ummmm... NO! 
Now, to add insult to injury, I have now received an email saying that I owe them £48 call charges from my previous bill!!!  I've only been connected since 6th October and have already paid them £18.98 + £15.95 in various charges??? 
GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PLUSNET OR I'LL BE BACK WITH BT BEFORE YOU CAN SAY "Where's she gone???"