cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable delay

psyman
Dabbler

Unacceptable delay

Sorry to have a rant for my first post but....
I moved house to a new build on a new estate on 28th March.  I'd ordered my phone line & broadband with Plusnet on 21st March & was given an install date of 11th April.
The day before the install date Plusnet contacted me & said there had been a delay & now it will be the 28th April.  By the 28th there was still no sign of my line & now instead a future installation date I only had a future update date.  Several of these update dates have come & gone & I'm still no nearer getting a line or broadband.
The only response I seem to be able to get is "There is a blocked duct.".
What annoys me is that I have a line going into my house (I can see it) but no linebox.  Also my neighbours who moved in after me have managed to get their lines installed no problem.
I checked with the estate site office the weekend & they said that no-one from BT has contacted them about my line or any blocked ducts.
I'm now desperate.  We have patchy mobile signal where I live so no phone, a pregnant wife & my 88 year old grandmother staying with me means I really need my line so they can contact me (or emergency services) if needed.
Can anyone please help? I'm tired of calling Plusnet now.
10 REPLIES 10
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Unacceptable delay

Hi psyman,
Welcome to our community forums, just a shame it's under these circumstances.
I've spoken with our provisioning team who are currently in contact with our suppliers to progress this, apologies for the delay and I'll make sure you're kept up-to-date.
Chris
psyman
Dabbler

Hi again
Just to let you know, I'm no closer getting my phone line.  I'm really frustrated now and think that 12 weeks since placing the order (so far) and still without telephone or broadband is unacceptable.
Can someone please urgently look into this as I'm running out of patience now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry this is going on so long, checking the ticket it seems that we were expecting an update from yourself following your builders confirming that the ducting is complete and the blockages cleared? Just wondering if anything has been confirmed there or if it's incorrect and we need to push back to our suppliers once more.
psyman
Dabbler

Thanks Matt, I must have missed that message.
I'll check with the builders & let you know what they say.
psyman
Dabbler

I'm happy to report that my line went in yesterday!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fantastic, really glad it's all sorted and very sorry about the delay up to this point. Hope everything goes smoothly from here on.
psyman
Dabbler

OK I got my broadband now too - despite a small hiccup with the wrong router being sent.
I've only got one more gripe I'm afraid - I was told when making the appointment for the engineer that the engineer would bring the kit with him to move the master socket.  However when he arrived he didn't have it - as a result I've got my router in the wrong place & cables trailing across the floor.  Can we get another engineer out to move the socket?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, thanks for your time on the phone. That's been arranged for you as per our discussion, hope it gets things sorted for you Smiley
Antmckeown
Dabbler

I'm also experiencing endless delays. Still not got either a phone line or a broadband connection, am am very, very disappointed I chose PlusNet. I find it incredible that you have won awards. Frankly, I've never known such terrible service - if it wasn't happening to me I'd actually find it hilarious, in a Fawlty Towers type of way. In the meantime, I am using my dongle to get by, but the data is about to run out. Really very disappointed with you lot. Totally incompetent.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry you feel that way, unfortunately we're completely reliant on our suppliers as regards provision and we don't actually get to see the majority of discussions that go on between departments in our suppliers.
Having said that the phone order is now showing complete - please let us know if that's not the case as of this morning? Really sorry if not and I can assure you it'll be chased up.