cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up call divert from phone

FIXED
jarkwoman

Unable to set up call divert from phone

Plusnet have activated call divert on my account - it shows green in the Home Phone Control Panel and when I try *#001# my phone reports the service being active for this number.

However, when I try to set up call divert using * 21 *, I immediately hear "Sorry, the service requested is not available. Thank you for calling, please hang up". 

I called Plusnet yesterday and they de-activated/re-activated the service - but I'm still getting exactly the same problem.

Not sure Plusnet can do anything about this because it would appear the service has been activated from their end. 

I have caller display active and also have the 1571 service - am able to interface with that OK from my phone. So I'm stumped as to why I can't configure call divert.

Any ideas what I need to do to get this service working?

Many thanks

Donna

15 REPLIES 15
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Unable to set up call divert from phone

Hi @jarkwoman I've had a look over the details for your line and, although I'm not sure which order caused this, it looks like the incorrect call divert option is currently on your line (Admin controlled as opposed to Customer controlled)

I've put an order through to correct this for you, so it should be working as expected within 1 working day (Quite often these orders complete much quicker though)

I do hope this fixes the issue you've been experiencing with the call feature. Let me know if it's still not working tomorrow and I'll investigate further as soon as I can for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Further to my previous response, it looks like the order completed within about 10 minutes.

Does it now work as expected from your side of things? @jarkwoman

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jarkwoman

Fantastic! Thank you so much - all works fine and I don't have to sit in a helpline queue again!

I wonder why the customer services person didn't spot that fact yesterday? Never mind all sorted now!

And a final question - if I forgot to set up call divert before leaving home, can the divert be set up by ringing Plusnet customer services? Or does it always have to be from the handset in the house? (I haven't seen an option for setting this up from the account web page).

Thank you again though for solving this problem so quickly.

Donna

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that's working now Thumbs_Up

@jarkwoman wrote:
can the divert be set up by ringing Plusnet customer services?

I don't believe so.

Although we can on Admin controlled as it was set previously, however this would unfortunately not allow you to control it yourself, which is why we should always be setting it on Customer controlled unless it's being added during a line fault.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jarkwoman

That makes sense. No problem.

I've updated my ticket with this information, suggesting that they put this information about the admin/user controlled field in the internal help system, so that if a customer rings up with this kind of problem, it would be one of the obvious things to check. The customer support person I spoke to yesterday didn't seem to have any idea what to look for to fix the problem.

Thank you again for the rapid/helpful responses. Much appreciated. 

Donna

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@jarkwoman wrote:
suggesting that they put this information about the admin/user controlled field in the internal help system, so that if a customer rings up with this kind of problem, it would be one of the obvious things to check.

In all honesty it should have been something they checked. I've passed feedback on regarding the advisor's that worked on this and didn't spot it.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jarkwoman

Great, thanks for that - between us hopefully this won't happen again to someone else. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Shouldn't happen, providing advisor's stick to adding the call feature through the account, not manually. Or failing that, advising customers where they can add/remove call features themselves via the member centre Wink

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
angeladickson78

It seems that this problem wasn't solved for good in July, as I am having the exact same issue - call divert isn't working for me, even though it's activated on my account, and a customer service person on the phone was only able to tell me that it's activated and "should be working".

Is there anyone reading this who can help out?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@angeladickson78 The correct call feature is on your line so you shouldn't be having the same issue.

Have you gone through the guide here to set up call direct?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
angeladickson78

thanks - yes, I have entered the correct code to divert landline calls to my mobile, as I used to do frequently when I used a different phone provider. I get a recorded message "sorry, this service is not available on this line" (or something similar).

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming.

I'm looking into this further.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
angeladickson78

Any joy? I would like to be able to divert my phone calls soon...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you try again now?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team