cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls on landline

TF1

Unable to receive incoming calls on landline

Signed up 21/1/18, moved over on 9/2/18.  Router not ordered by 'automated system' so did not arrive until 10/2/18.  Had temp landline number, so no one could phone us.  Took until 15/2/18 to get number ported over, each failed attempt blocked it for 24 hours.  Worked initially, then could only dial out.  The only calls that come through are from plusnet, and no fault shows.  Our phone does not show any caller number, or show who has called us including the calls from plusnet since this started.  We have tried getting a number of mobiles (different networks) and landlines to call the number ALL of which get 3-4 beeps then cut off.  We have the phone plugged in the test line.  PlusNet tried an EE mobile which got through, although if this is an office phone is probably logged somewhere as a safe number so is not blocked.  I am not paying for an engineer to come and 'take a look'.  Our landline is an emergency number for an elderly person so really need it working.  Have had to phone about problems almost daily, with a 15min minimum wait each time and having to explain again and again, this is really tiresome.  They keep opening and closing tickets without resolving the issue.  REALLY REALLY NOT HAPPY!

4 REPLIES 4
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Unable to receive incoming calls on landline

@TF1

Try dialing 17070 from your landline phone- this will identify your circuit.

Is the telephone number that you hear, the number that you wanted ported or is it a different number? The number port may not have been successful.

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
TF1

Tried the 17070, appears wrong number ported, two numbers transversed.  Missed initial e-mails as they went to spam folder and didn't pick up error in e-mails from plusnet as we received a lot (due to errors and quite a few new tickets being raised).  Strange everytime I spoke to them I gave the number it should have been, not once did either of us pick up that we were talking about two very similar but different numbers.  Strange that two very similar numbers should be available at the same time.  Hopefully tomorrow they can sort this and give us the correct number.

ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@TF1

Hopefully Plusnet will sort this out for you as a matter of urgency!

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear of your experience.

From reading the notes on your account I believe this should be resolved.

Is your home phone working as you'd expect now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet