cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls - no answer to support ticket

ballancejl
Dabbler

Unable to receive calls - no answer to support ticket

Its more than 48 hours since I raised my ticket - all incoming calls cut out after 1 ring. Nothing heard of from PlusNet support although yesterday the company did find time to send me a notice of increase in line rental!!! Feels like active encouragement to seek another provider! Exasperated.   
10 REPLIES 10
LukeS
Grafter

Re: Unable to receive calls - no answer to support ticket

Hi ballancejl,
Thanks for your time on the phone. If you continue to have problems after the engineer appointment please feel free to let us know.
ballancejl
Dabbler

Since coming in this evening the problem is no longer occurring. Presumably something done at the exchange. Please cancel the BT visit due tomorrow (24/7) am.
Thanks for your help.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, thanks for letting us know.
Sorry if this hasn't been made clear previously but our suppliers need at least 24 hours notice to cancel an engineer visit. Totally appreciate what you've just mentioned wasn't apparent 24 hours before the visit.
Please don't be surprised if you have a caller from Openreach today but don't worry this won't lead to any additional charges.
Glad to hear that's sorted either way.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ballancejl
Dabbler

Adam - yes BT came. They advised that the problem still exists but that it will occur intermittently. Haven't identified exactly where the fault between the street and house is. They will come back later with more equipment to trace. Last night, thinking the problem was solved I got ahead of myself and closed the original ticket. Please reopen it.
Regards 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for letting us know,
I've opened ticket 89031014 as we can't re-open one that's been closed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ballancejl
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, is it best to update progress here or on the new ticket?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's up to you but both is probably the best idea (I'd reserve it for any major changes like a change in the fault symptoms, any issues with engineers or it being resolved before we're able to update you to that effect).
That way you'll be more likely to get my attention sooner plus we also have accountable updates all in one place on the ticket too.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ballancejl
Dabbler

Thanks again, there is another symptom in that the broadband connection dropped briefly earlier today. BT engineer thinks its related to the original problem.
I will post anything else major that happens to both the ticket and here.
Regards 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, no problem.
Broadband issues can happen as a result of a phone fault (and sometimes vice versa)
I'll address that with you if there's still problems with your broadband after the fault has been fixed.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ballancejl
Dabbler

Received email from PN today saying: 
Thanks for your patience.
Our suppliers have cleared a fault on your phone service on underground cabling.
Please let us know if the problems continue and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net/ or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,

Cleared a fault would indicate 'fixed' to me. This is not the case. While the symptoms are intermittent BT at their visit yesterday say the the fault remains on the line and they are arranging for contractors to replace the line from the street to the house.
We are awaiting contact from BTs contractors.