cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls from Sky customers after moving from Sky to PLusnet

stokely

Unable to receive calls from Sky customers after moving from Sky to PLusnet

I moveved my broadband and telephone from Sky to plus net on the 20th March. I  reported I was unable to receive calls from people on Sky on the 5th April. Following an engineer being sent to my home , plusnet now claims its an issue with the number being ported by Openreach from Sky. They also claim this issue would most likely be present with any service provider since most uses the Openreach. I have seen other complaints from people on the BT forum who appear migrate from SKY, so this appears to be a common problem in porting from Sky. The issue I have with plusnet is that they are not pressing Openreach enough to resolve this issue. It's now 15 days and this issue has not been resolved.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) changed topic title
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Issue after Sky transfer (was Re: phone doesn't ring when someone calls)

mod:note
Split this post out of the other thread for better visibility in its own topic.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Unable to receive calls from Sky customers after moving from Sky to PLusnet

I can see you've told our phone faults team the number originally came from Virgin then was ported to Sky?
Our phone faults team will pick the issue up shortly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Sorry to crash your thread, but I too have a ported number from Sky that is giving me caller id problems and currently have a complaint raised which is going nowhere. I intermittently get a double 0 at the beginning of the area codes instead of a single, would it be possible for you to check yours too please. 1471 is better as it comes direct from the exchange.
Thanks
Mark
stokely

No issues with caller id at the moment.
PlusNet support came back stating Openreach has re-ported the number. However this has not fixed the issue. This problem is causing me a great deal of inconvenience as my regular callers are failing to reach me by telephone.  It seems a new number may be the only solution to this as Openreach is failing to resolve this issue in a timely manor. Does anyone knows of a speedy resolution to this issue?
stokely

Noticed on the BT forum, coomster74 had the same issue after moving from Sky to BT.This issue lasted for about 6 weeks then it was fixed within hours after the moderators got onto Sky. Can the moderator please get onto Sky and see whether they can effect a similar fix?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The Moderators here are simply customers but maybe  PN staff can.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
markclewett
Hooked

Did you ever resolve this problem?  I have had the exact same problem since joining Plusnet from Sky 5 weeks ago and Plusnet are insisting that they need to send an Openreach engineer out for the second time!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It is extremely unlikely that a visit by an OR engineer will resolve this problem.  It's a number porting problem which needs resolution between SKY and BT Openreach at Network level.  A bit like updating the DNS records, but on the telephony network?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

markclewett
Hooked

This is what I'm trying to tell Plusnet customer support, but they're saying that they need to book an Openreach engineer visit as this is a standard process that they cannot change.  I've already had one Openreach engineer visit and he said the same thing.  So I feel like I need to tell Plusnet support some "magic words" that spell out exactly what needs to be done.

markclewett
Hooked

I eventually resolved this by getting one of the people who was trying to call us from Sky to raise a fault with Sky asking why she couldn't call our number when people with other phone companies could.  

This was not a straight forward task and she was fobbed off by Sky more than once before eventually getting through to someone in Sky who was able to trace the calls she was making to us and see that they were not leaving Sky's network.  Once this was diagnosed it was a relatively quick fix to get this working.

I've contacted Plusnet to tell them that this was indeed a problem in Sky's network (which is what I was saying all along).