cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make ANY outgoing calls on my phone line

FIXED
nicholsfamily81

Unable to make ANY outgoing calls on my phone line

I moved from Vodafone to Plusnet this Tuesday. By 12pm the internet had been migrated from Vodafone over to Plusnet which was fine. However since the witch over I am no longer able to make ANY outgoing calls. I get a pre recorded message when I try calling either a known working mobile number of a known working landline number saying "Sorry you are barred from calling this number" This is a new account so I am not in arrears. Openreach have been out and spent two hours on site today literally testing everything possible and everything has come back fine. No one hat Plusnet is able to tell me why this is happening which is super frustrating. Can an admin please help resolve this issue. Plusnet are saying there are no bars on the line yet when I try calling any number nothing works apart from 17070

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Unable to make ANY outgoing calls on my phone line

@nicholsfamily81 Welcome to the forums. I am not PN staff, but when you dial 17070, does it correctly identify your number?

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues @nicholsfamily81

I can see we've investigated this at length and we haven't found any cause for this yet.

I'm looking into this further and we'll update you as soon as we know more

[internal]

Upon further investigation, it appears you have a third party product known as CPS on your line which we don't support. I've asked our suppliers to remove this for you and this can take a couple of working days but in the meantime, if you add 1280 to the beginning of the number your dialling you should be able to dial out,

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nicholsfamily81

Matthew

Thank you I’ve tried dialling 1280 and then the number and it works 😊

Regards

Toby Nichols
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear that's worked.

It's something you can use in the interim until CPS has been removed.

We'll update you once that's been done

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team