Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change supplier

FIXED
shirleyparkin
Hooked

Unable to change supplier

This is the first time I’ve used this forum so please accept my apologies for any errors. First of all, if anyone from Plusnet reads this, I must point out that my reasons for changing to a new supplier are purely financial. I live in a residential Park Home and have a very small pension. If I don’t change supplier I will have to have the phone removed.

I’ve been trying to change supplier since last December. I found that the reason my new supplier was unable to take the line over was because the number was not registered to the correct address on the Openreach database. I queried this on January 12th 2017 via Plusnet chat. I asked what the precise address of my line was on the Openreach database. In that chat I was assured that the address was correct.

My new supplier has now proved to me that the line is not registered correctly. The final part of the postcode ends 4QG instead of 4QD. I have supplied the NAD key obtained from Plusnet but this returns no information. I am told that the record on the Openreach database contains no address reference or CSS DB Code (whatever that is.)

I have had more chats with Plusnet but they seem very reluctant to help. When pressed I am told that my line is working fine and the address won't affect my service. That, of course, assumes I remain with Plusnet and that no engineer needs to visit the premises. Pressed further they tell me they will look into it. It seems leaving Plusnet is a crime. Surely if we all accept a free market then we have to accept this will happen. I'm sure Plusnet gains customers from other suppliers.

I do feel I have been misled and treated unfairly. I literally cannot afford to wait 8 weeks for the Ombudsman to pursue this issue and I am desperate.

Can anyone offer any help, please?

11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Unable to change supplier

Welcome to the community forums @shirleyparkin. I'm sorry to hear you're leaving and that you're experiencing problems doing so due to the records for your line.

I've checked your account and the address is correct on the account, likewise the address is also correct on our phone asset.

However looking in to this further, despite having the correct address on our asset, checking the incorrect postcode you've mentioned also returns records that your line is there.

What's even stranger, is that your actual address doesn't show in the list of addresses under your postcode, despite being correct on our active asset.

I've sent an email off to ORDI (Openreach Data Integrity) Robot to update their records and once this completes your new provider should be able to migrate your service away from us using the correct address. This usually take 4 or 5 working days, but I'll let you know once I've got further updates from ORDI Robot.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shirleyparkin
Hooked

Many thanks for your reply, Harry. I do appreciate your fast and helpful response. I shall look forward to hearing from you in the next few days.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's likely to be some time next week.

As strange as it sounds, the robot doesn't work weekends (Or bank holidays for that matter Roll_eyes)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shirleyparkin
Hooked

Well I suppose that's the problem with robots. They'll never take over from us humans with an attitude like that! Have a good weekend and I'll hear from you next week. Thanks again for your help.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to let you know, I've not forgotten about this.

I've had a response advising something along the following lines:

Found an address issue in openreach backend systems which can be fixed automatically by Robot

I'm currently awaiting further updates or for the address to appear in the system along with the up to date, correct NAD key for me to update.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shirleyparkin
Hooked

Thanks Harry. I'll look forward the next step. Regards, Shirley.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

I'm happy to advise that the address is now showing when checking your postcode and the NAD key has been updated accordingly.

I believe this should have resolved the issue your new provider were experiencing previously when trying to take the service over, however please do let us know if you/they continue to experience problems.

I do hope this helps, thanks for your patience while we were waiting for the records to be updated.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shirleyparkin
Hooked

Thanks Harry.  I'll pass the information on and wait to see the result.  Regards, Shirley.

shirleyparkin
Hooked

Well that seems to have sorted it out. The changeover has occurred without problem. Thanks again to you, Harry.

I don't know if you can clarify something.... I've just received my final bill from Plusnet. On it there is a £30 cessation charge.  I didn't expect that seeing as the same line was taken over by the new supplier.  Any ideas why?  Thanks in advance.  Regards, Shirley.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @shirleyparkin

Just looking into your account it seems that you've moved to an LLU provider, a couple of common examples are Sky/TalkTalk. The BT equipment in the exchange would need to be ceased as your provider would use LLU equipment.

A bit more information over at: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml

I hope this helps clarify this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
shirleyparkin
Hooked

Thanks Anoush. I understand the reason now.

As far as I'm concerned this problem can now be closed. Harry solved the original error and you've clarified everything. Thank you both for your time and efforts.  Regards, Shirley.