cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change call plan

worzelworzel
Hooked

Unable to change call plan

I want to change my home phone call plan from Plusnet Anytime to Unlimited UK and Mobiles but get the following message in my account -

"There's something we should mention... You cannot change your Home Phone product at the moment".

It looks like this is a common problem. I've requested the upgrade via telcon 2 days ago but my account doesn't seem to tell me much; only that I am still on the mobile 100 mins plan. Can someone fix this please?

TY

14 REPLIES 14
hsbc1972
Grafter

Re: Unable to change call plan

I recently joined Plusnet from TT, I get this as well and its showing 'waiting for an phone option' still to be activated. The option was requested a few week ago and nothing has happened - is this normal for PN ?

worzelworzel
Hooked

Its normal for me! 🙄

If you login to your account and look at your 'Open Questions' there should be some more info regarding any ongoing orders/changes to your account. It appears my original query regarding upgrading is 'stuck', awaiting support team action on 21st May; (21st of May? REALLY?!).  psa.

Capture1.png

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

worzelworzel
Hooked

Whilst this problem is being attended to, they were kind enough to raise the limit of my phone calls to £100 from £50.

I would suggest you call them and ask if they could do the same for you so save you incurring any additional call charges in the meantime.

When I phoned, I got through quite quickly and most, if not all of their personnel are working from home, so it was a quite friendly chat!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @worzelworzel 

I'm sorry for the issues with changing your call plan. From what I can see your existing call plan is stuck in a deactive state which is preventing us from making any changes. I've triggered this to activate so you should be able to make the change within the next few hours. Can you let me know how it goes?

In the meantime if you incur any call charges that should be inclusive of your new call plan, let me know and I'll refund them back to you once your new call plan has been activated.

@hsbc1972 From what I can see the pending change you're seeing is due to a stuck call feature that's not yet activated. I've pushed this through on your account setting it to an active state and I've placed an order with Openreach to make sure that the call features you've requested are enabled. 

The order should complete within the next couple of hours, please don't make any changes in your account in the meantime if possible, as this may likely cause things to become stuck (as the order's currently in progress)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
worzelworzel
Hooked

Thank you Gandalf!

I will let you know.

regards.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like that's done the trick!

I've put through the call plan change now and it should go live as of your next bill date

If you can drop me a PM once it's gone through I'll be happy to arrange a refund if needed

Let me know if there are further issues though or anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
worzelworzel
Hooked

Thank you for your prompt attention, Gandalf.

My account still states ‘Line only with mobile’ so I will assume this will change to state ‘unlimited’ when the change goes through at my next billing period, as you informed me?

I’ll keep an eye out for this change and let you know.

may I ask if my phone limit is still set to £100 or am I back to £50 again?

The whole reason for this change is that I am working from home more, now.

very best regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @worzelworzel 

@worzelworzel wrote:

Thank you for your prompt attention, Gandalf.

My account still states ‘Line only with mobile’ so I will assume this will change to state ‘unlimited’ when the change goes through at my next billing period, as you informed me?

I’ll keep an eye out for this change and let you know.

No problem, aye that should change to unlimited once the call plan's gone through which should be on the next bill date but I've seen the system put them through automatically sooner. Not something we can influence, it depends on what phase the moon is at and by that I mean I've not figured out what causes this yet Smiley

may I ask if my phone limit is still set to £100 or am I back to £50 again?

It's still set at £100

The whole reason for this change is that I am working from home more, now.

No problem that makes sense

Let us know how it goes, I'm not in the office tomorrow or the 18th but my colleagues should be around

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hsbc1972
Grafter

@Gandalf  Thanks for your help, I'm impressed there are actual folk working at the weekend that look at community queries and can resolve the problems then rather than wait until the next 'working day', something for the past 20+ years I've not enjoyed.

And the problem has been resolved, i wish I had asked earlier !

nathanrdedman
Dabbler

I'm in the exactly the same predicament! 

"There's something we should mention... You cannot change your Home Phone product at the moment"!

I too want to switch to unlimited UK and mobiles (Joe the bot wasn't much help, unfortunately!).

Can someone update the status of my account, please?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @nathanrdedman

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems changing your call plan.

Looking into the account, I've found that this is because the Line Only component is stuck in a queued active status. I've raised this with our internal billing team to get it activated.

I'll let you know when this is complete, so you can then amend your call plan via your online Member Centre. Please be advised that any changes to your call plan will become active on your next billing date.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
nathanrdedman
Dabbler

Wow, that was quick! Many thanks for looking into this.

Kind regards,

Nathan.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My pleasure Nathan.

I'll give you a shout once it has been sorted.

-Adam

Adam
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @nathanrdedman 

Just to let you know, our team have now resolved the issues on the account which were preventing you from changing your call plan. you should now be able to process this via your online Member Centre. Please be advised that when changing your call plan, it will not come into effect until your next bill date, so any calls made in the meantime will be charged as per your current call plan.

Let me know if you need any further assistance at all.

Adam