cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Phone line cancelled without consent

chroniclysteph

[URGENT] Phone line cancelled without consent

I've noticed today that my bill is £189 as opposed to my usual £25.99. I checked my bill and it turns out it's an early termination fee. However I didn't request a cancellation & I didn't receive any warning about it.

On the 21st of February I received an email about a contract cancellation request (not done by myself), I called to explain that I didn't want to cancel & I was assured that this issue had been resolved as I called well in advance of the cancellation date (7th of March). I even received a message in my account after the call to confirm that I didn't need to take any further action. Now I see that my line rental has been terminated & my bill has an early cancellation fee when I didn't request the cancellation. So it looks as if a third party is trying to take over my line again without my knowledge.

If someone could help me resolve this issue, I'd really appreciate it as I'd like my phone line to stay with Plusnet & it's uncomfortable to know that someone is trying to (& by the look of it, successfully) take over my phone line.

Thanks in advance,
Steph

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: [URGENT] Phone line cancelled without consent

Hello @chroniclysteph 

As you suggest this is URGENT - personally I would not leave this to wait for someone to pick this up.  You need urgent immediate assistance ... if it is not already too late.  Line slamming (the taking over of a line without consent) is a real problem in the industry and the warning which you received and acted upon should have stopped the process.  However that does not always work.  I have experienced a mistaken attempt to take over a line and had one of the best support staff block it ... and still BT Openreach's systems failed to cancel the take-over.

You need to ring COTS immediately "I thinking of leaving" and tell them you DO NOT want to leave.  COTS answer promptly.

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)

Available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi @chroniclysteph

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. I've looked into this for you and I can see you've since phoned us, but I've created a support ticket with some more detail you can view and respond to by going Here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet