cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK power nets works dug up the end of my road and went through the phone line

zaaxuk
Dabbler

UK power nets works dug up the end of my road and went through the phone line

TML dug up the end of my road and went through the phone line for the road I immediately called Plusnet and they said BT Openreach would fix it with 2 working days. The only problem is that was yesterday and as its bank holiday weekend it won't be fixed until next Wednesday at the earliest.

1. Will Plusnet pay me £35 if buy unlimited Mobile broadband so I can continue using the internet as I normally would (to watch Netflix etc)

1. When the sewer got blocked a few months ago Anglia Water was around in 2 hours to fix it, why does it take BT Openreach 2 working days to fix something.
7 REPLIES 7
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: UK power nets works dug up the end of my road and went through the phone line

Because sewerage backing up is a serious health risk, a phone isn't - especially as you've admitted that you can use a mobile for any emergency calls.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

zaaxuk
Dabbler

Re: UK power nets works dug up the end of my road and went through the phone line

But I can't carry on at normal, also why should I have to pay again for a service plusenet is contracted to provide 

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Openreach taking 2 working days to fix something is due to paying for the cheapest and worst level of repair service, I expect there are better and more expensive service levels available from Openreach, not necessarily offered by Plusnet, not to home customers at least.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Apparently of the larger ISPs only BT and the Post Office buy the one day repair option.

From Thinkbroadband

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8030-ofcom-publishes-its-comparison-of-the-major-broadband-provi...

One snippet to take-away is that of the largest providers only BT and Post Office purchase the 1 day repair service from Openreach, with Sky, TalkTalk, EE and Plusnet buying the 2 day option with the money we all pay each month. This means that if everything else is equal faults are much more likely to be fixed quicker with BT and Post Office.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Surely digging up the road and taking out phone lines would in general affect both BT and Plusnet customers?

zaaxuk
Dabbler

and Sky and Talk Talk; they are just my next door neighbours. The bloke across the road is going ape because he missed the big boxing match Saturday

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your line.

I can see an engineer went out last Saturday and identified that dig work is required.

They've submitted what's called an A55. This means that traffic management would be needed.

Unfortunately the lead time for such requests is 5 working days. We'll follow up next week.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet