cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phone lines not working

Juliabohanna
Hooked

Two phone lines not working

I have two accounts with Plusnet and neither of my phone lines are working. Is there a general problem?

17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Two phone lines not working

Welcome to the forums, @Juliabohanna .

I am guessing both the lines are to the same exchange (from the same address?). If so which exchange (can you post the area code?) and is this affecting both phone and broadband?

There certainly isn't a 'general' problem, otherwise there would be a lot more reporting a fault.

John
Juliabohanna
Hooked

No - two different towns. One in Wales and one in Gloucestershire.

jab1
Legend

OK - can you post the area codes for both - I may then be able to have a look for you?

John
Juliabohanna
Hooked

Chepstow is 01291 and the other is 01594

jab1
Legend

OK  -  I'll be back shortly, watch this space.

John
jab1
Legend

Nothing reported for either code, but it does sound strange. Is it the phone and/or broadband which is failing?

John
Juliabohanna
Hooked

Only the phone.

jab1
Legend

Very strange! I assume broadband is performing normally - not cutting out or slowing down?

What happens if you try dialling 17070 option 2?

John
Juliabohanna
Hooked

Internet is not great and not always loading pages. Dialling that number does nothing - no dial tone.

jab1
Legend

I expected that response, @Juliabohanna , to be honest. Unfortunately, it sounds like both lines have developed what are probably external faults at coincidently the same time. 

Unfortunately it is the weekend in unusual times and Plusnet staff are skeleton. Hopefully they will pick this up, but to be honest I can't see it being over the weekend.

John
Juliabohanna
Hooked

I thought that might be the case, John - but thank you for looking at the options. I think it seems that a massive coincidence that both lines have stopped working though. Hopefully someone will pick this up - do I need to do anything else?

jab1
Legend

No problem, Julia - some of us old-timers are trying to help while the current situation exists. It is certainly strange, but coincidences do happen.

As the phoneline is the probable main cause, and you obviously can't run the automatic fault reporting tool on that, there is little else I can suggest, but I'll keep myy eye on this and if nothing gets picked up by Monday PM, I'll see if I can come up with any further ideas.

Unfortunately as I am obviously not PN staff, there is little else I can do.

John
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Do you have internet on both lines?

I would run the phone troubleshooter on both/either line that allows it. https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter. It may not help but there is a possibility of logging a fault.

Juliabohanna
Hooked

Old-timer or not, I have appreciated your help. Stay safe ad well and enjoy the weekend. This one has not been a good one so far as we have a missing dog as well.