cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Phone Lines?

Edward

Two Phone Lines?

I have two phone lines, one of which carries PN broadband.  I would like to move both phones to PN Home phone, but when calling to enquire how to proceed, the PN sales agent informs me that PN cannot provide service on both lines.  Is this true?  If so, why so?
Living in a rural area, a long way from the exchange, one of the reasons for the second line is to be able use the second line to connect to PN via dial backup when we suffer a failure of the line carrying the broadband.
This one-line-only 'limitation' is not disclosed in the FAQs.
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Two Phone Lines?

From the Home Phone Product Page
Important - You need to have PlusNet broadband to enjoy our great-value Home Phone products. You can get a broadband and phone package from just £19.98 a month.
Check out our broadband and Home Phone packages

The limitation is you don't have Plusnet broadband on the other line which is a prerequisite to get Home Phone.

Mand
Grafter

Hi,
The main limitation from our side tbh is that you can only have one Home Phone service per account.
It is technically possible to have two lines with us, but the second would have to be on a separate account and therefore a separate bill.
If you want to do this feel free to PM me and I'll explain further. Smiley
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

So is the limitation I posted about the line requiring broadband on it correct or not Mand?
Mand
Grafter

It's correct for new signups as Workplace won't place an order for Home Phone until the broadband is activated.
For existing customers who have broadband with us we have a small amount of leeway, and can arrange some things manually, hence my offer here.
Smiley
nick67

I was told when I switched my Broadband phone over that a second line could be moved later, however when I phoned yesterday to do this I was told it could not be done.
Can someone from PlusNet contact me to srt this out please, as I want to have both under PlusNet.
Mand
Grafter

Hi Nick,
I picked up your PM last night, and will give you a call this afternoon to sort this out.
As I mentioned earlier this is not something we offer as standard, although I'm a little disappointed that the agent you spoke to didn't explain the possibilities to you.
nick67

Hi Mand
Not sure if you've tried to contact me, but would appreciate it as I wish to sort this out.
Thanks
Nick