Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning free voicemail off

Stranger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Turning free voicemail off

I've found a few posts that direct to the home phone control panel but, all I get when I get there is:
"You currently have an order in progress to add call features
Your call feature(s) will be added to your account on the next working day. However, if you're adding the Voicemail feature, this takes 3 working days to update.
Please note: If you've requested to add any call features, you cannot add or remove any further features until this is complete."
This must be relating to the caller id option that I selected once up and running yesterday and has been active since last night , how long should I expect to wait for the above message to disappear so that I can turn the free voicemail option off?  Better still, is there a helpful member of staff that could clear the message and would also be kind enough to turn it off for me now?
Thanks in anticipation  Smiley
14 REPLIES 14
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Turning free voicemail off

Hi there Stranger,
Sorry for the delay in the feature being updated in the Member centre. We've encountered a problem where some accounts aren't being updated correctly with the call features. I've added your account to the open Problem that we have internally to see that this is sorted.
In the meantime I can manually place the order to remove Voicemail from your line in the supplier systems, if you're happy for me to go ahead with this please let me know. Smiley
Stranger
Rising Star

Thankyou yet again, yes please go ahead and turn the free voicemail off.  Could I be really cheeky and ask if you can also check to ensure that our number is indeed ex-directory?  I did seek  and receive confirmation that this would be the default situation prior to being active with you but just in case  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've placed that order to remove Voicemail from your line, Stranger. This should complete in the next 24 hours.
I can also confirm that your line is Ex-Directory Smiley
If you require any features to be added or removed in the future please check on the member centre if the "stuck" feature has been removed. If it hasn't then give us a shout on here and we can hopefully sort out placing the order manually for you Smiley
Stranger
Rising Star

Thankyou kindly  Smiley
Stranger
Rising Star

The voicemail is still showing as active and I still haved the 'stuck' message showing  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Stranger,
I can confirm that Voicemail has been successfully removed from your line even if it states that it's active on the account. The feature for "Caller Display" is still showing as awaiting activation and our team is working on fixing this, however, we've not been provided a confirmed repair time.
As such, if you need to make any amendments to your features and you're unable to do so through the member centre, please give us a shout on here and we'll do our best to help out.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: Linn
however, we've not been provided a confirmed repair time.

Linn,
If I suggested that this fault is impacting billing and revenues, might that speed up a resolution?  Explaining exactly why I think this, is going to cost me money, so I'm kind of content for it to take time!  Cheesy Grin
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stranger
Rising Star

Hi Stranger,
I can confirm that Voicemail has been successfully removed from your line even if it states that it's active on the account. The feature for "Caller Display" is still showing as awaiting activation and our team is working on fixing this, however, we've not been provided a confirmed repair time.
As such, if you need to make any amendments to your features and you're unable to do so through the member centre, please give us a shout on here and we'll do our best to help out.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks once again for your help Linn  Smiley
Stranger
Rising Star

Hi there Stranger,
Sorry for the delay in the feature being updated in the Member centre. We've encountered a problem where some accounts aren't being updated correctly with the call features. I've added your account to the open Problem that we have internally to see that this is sorted.
In the meantime I can manually place the order to remove Voicemail from your line in the supplier systems, if you're happy for me to go ahead with this please let me know. Smiley

Hi Linn, my home phone control panel is still showing voicemail as active, is this an issue with the member centre update or is it indeed still active? If it's still active please can it be turned off?
Thanks  Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there
I've just had a look over your account and I can confirm that you don't have Voicemail on your line at the moment.
The member centre side of things is affected by the problem Linn mentioned in her reply
If you have any further issues please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Stranger
Rising Star

Cheers Matthew  Smiley
rionek

Hi Plusnet.
Can I also request to have the free voicemail removed please?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rionek,
That's now been placed for you and should complete no later than midday tomorrow.
rionek

Great, thank you  Smiley