cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port my home phone number from Plusnet to Vodafone

FIXED
sirmarcus

Trying to port my home phone number from Plusnet to Vodafone

Vodafone are telling me the phone number is owned by TalkTalk and cannot be transferred to Vodafone.

Is there anything that I can do ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Trying to port my home phone number from Plusnet to Vodafone

Don't go to Vodafone, it does not sound like they know what they are doing.

It is easier for them to give you a new number, however that is likely to cause you billing issues with PN after you move, and will likely get a £30 cease fee.. 

Give PN customer options a call, and see if they can offer you a better deal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Which provider is the rangeholder or operator of your telephone number when you put your number in here: https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm

Also, is there anything we can do to keep you as a customer?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sirmarcus

To clarify..I am now with Vodafone.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The title says you are with PlusNet and wanting to go to Vodfone?

However, if you are with Vodafone and wanting to come to PlusNet it is best not to talk to Vodafone, but just sign up to PN and let them do everything.

sirmarcus

PN will not do anything cos  they say the phone number is TTs. I am being transferred between TT, PN and vodafone without making any progress.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Fix

It matters not who owns the number, Ofcom General condition 18 requires that Communication Provicers (CPs) facilitate number portability within one business day see page 71 here - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/86273/CONSOLIDATED_VERSION_OF_GENERAL_CONDITION...

This is also relevant / of interest describing how porting and re-porting are implemented. https://www.syntec.co.uk/blog/porting-reality-the-real-deal-behind-uk-telephone-number-portability/

I suggest that you go back to Vodaphone and tell them that under GC18 it is there responsibility to make this happen ... you might also refer them to Ofcom's dim views on CPs who fail to comply with GC18 ... https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/bulletins/competition-bulletins/all-closed-cases/cw_0119...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sirmarcus

Thanks. Escalated to Vfone. Waiting for their response.

sirmarcus

Vodafone are saying now that it will take up to 14 days to port the number.

They have credited my account with £50 and escalated to level 2 (I assume level 2 complaints).

Anyone please advise how I can escalate to OFCOM as I think Vodafone are being very naughty in almost always refusing to port land line phone numbers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Vodafone are saying now that it will take up to 14 days to port the number.

Sounds like the number is ceased, so unfortunately 14 days is about right. If that is the case, the number should've been ideally imported to them when it was still active/as part of the working line takeover order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet