cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree has brought down phone line - No way to contact Plusnet...........

richardleeke

Tree has brought down phone line - No way to contact Plusnet...........

Today - a tree branch has brought down our phone line. Snapped the line. 

Obviously the phone and broadband is now not working. 

How to contact Plusnet. 

I have tried. 

1. Calling - Press 1 for residential - This just goes around in a circle telling me to press 1 to go to residential - Obviously not working. 

2. Chat - Not working - Seems to have been down for a while according to these forums. 

3. Website - log in - contact us - Report no dial tone - Runs a line check....... asks for alternative phone number to contact me about the fault. Line check finishes - Says "yes there is a problem" Tells me to call........ See point 1. Does not tell me any more info so I don't know if my fault (that it has found) has been reported or logged or not.

So - How do I proceed. How can I report a fault?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Tree has brought down phone line - No way to contact Plusnet...........

Sorry to hear this.

I've raised a damage report with our suppliers now and our suppliers have advised that to progress the fault we'd need to arrange an engineer visit with you.

Please can you reply to ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184501203 with your availability for a visit giving us a nudge over here once you've done so and we'll be happy to book the appointment in as soon as we can.

For future reference, I'd recommend reporting this directly to Openreach on 0800 023 2023.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet