cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trapped by Line Rental Saver

BRABUS
Grafter

Trapped by Line Rental Saver

Did you know that you can't add 100 inclusive mobile minutes to your account if you are already on line rental saver?
Well what a complete farce.  It seems that if you are already on line rental saver that you can not add things to your phone package.  I have been trying to help my father in law add the 100 mobile minutes to his account.  The call centre agent H################# has just told me that it can only be added once the current line rental saver expires.  She did assure me that as soon as the line rental saver is eligible for renewal, this Saturday, that we could renew it and that they could then add the 100 mobile minutes to the account.

This seems pretty stupid that someone can be stuck already on this package and then not be able to add other features to their account.  Fortunately they are close to the end of their line rental saver but it will still mean a delay in getting the mobile option which in turn will cost him more money.
Does anyone from PN have any comments please.
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Trapped by Line Rental Saver

The 100 mobile minutes is only available to home phone packages taken after 8th May 2013, these have different line rental and call charges (see http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/ for full details), presumably the LRS prevents switching to the newer package until it expires.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
BRABUS
Grafter

Actually an update to this.  You still cannot  add Mobile minutes to your account if you had LRS and it has come to the end of your  period.  My in laws did,  and on the advice of the plus net staff  requested the mobile minutes and renewed the LRS.  We have just found out that if you are on an old LRS you HAVE to let it expire completely for a month and then take out a new LRS or you can not have the mobile minutes.  The only way round it for them is to cancel their LRS and forfeit all the money.  It only started 2days ago, now who in their right mind is going to do that????
A formal complaint is being raised due to the completely incorrect advice given by the Plus Net staff.  I don't expect this to be a problem though as in my experience Plus Net have always been a very fair company and try to rectify their mistakes.  I hope they don't prove me wrong  Smiley
nadger
Rising Star

One point to be aware of is that old LRS gives evening & weekend calls whereas new LRS is line rental only.
Look at 18185 as possible solution to cheaper calls to mobiles.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What nadger says is correct; you cannot add any minutes of any kind to the new LRS package. Please raise the compaint so that this can be fed back to the agents in question and your personal situation can be taken into account to see how we can rectify this for you - I'd suggest something along the lines of cancelling the LRS, changing your product and applying a discount to cover your line rental as a gesture of goodwill.
Edit: it seems that we did build an 'LRS with mobile minutes' product. Not entirely sure if we built a mechanism to perform a product change onto it though... Investigating.
Edit 2: Looking at a 'Line Only' customer, I can see the product through the normal account change journey, is this not visible to customers?
Edit 3: This is also visible to customers, please see attached picture which shows the tick-box to change from 'Line Only' to 'Line Only with Mobile'
61aj

It is very unfortunate Plusnet has increased the line rental saver fee  since 8th May 2013 and on the top taken away evening and weekend calls which were previously included. They will be increasing prices again in October with no improvement in service or extra gain for customers. Such tactics are short sighted and very unfortunate and many customers will leave Plusnet, I certainly will do so.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Customers who already have line rental saver with evenings and weekends included will retain that when they renew