Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Existing Landline Number

otberry
Hooked

Transferring Existing Landline Number

Hello all

Just the latest person to go through the confusing process of trying to retain my landline number when moving address. 

Here's my situation:

1) Currently with Sky

2) Have signed up with Plus Net at new address (which is on the same exchange as my old address)

3) Have requested to keep my number, which I was told should be possible, but I need to activate a new number first, then have my old number transferred across.

4) What I can't get out of anyone is the exact timeframe - how long after moving will I have to wait for my old number to be active?

Appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks, Oliver

15 REPLIES 15
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Transferring Existing Landline Number

Hi @otberry,

Thanks for getting in touch regarding retaining your number.

This is a very difficult subject to give an exact timescale for retaining your number due to the circumstances. As you are moving providers and home at the same time we do not know when your current service will end. Only after this has happened will we be able to begin the process to try to retain your number.

The process itself can be very simple to request the number as this will go into a pool of numbers associated with services that have recently cancelled, at this point we request for this number to be made available for us to use. Unfortunately even at this point we would not be able to give you exact information as to how long it would be until you have your number.

I would advise that this process does not usually take too long, feel free to send over a private message with your new Plusnet account username and I can take a look for you.

otberry
Hooked

Thanks so much Warwick, just PM'd you.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry

Thanks for sending the PM.

I will take a look into this and respond to you on this thread with further details.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry

Thank you for allowing me the time to investigate this further.

I have updated the ticket on the account with a full breakdown for you, you can view this here

If you have any questions let me know, if you feel it would be better to speak directly then  by all means I can call at a suitable time if you would prefer.

Just send contact details and time through Private message.

Regards,

otberry
Hooked

Thanks Warwick, massively helpful! I have replied on the ticket, could you just confirm whether I need to cancel with Sky directly, or whether it will happen as part of the switch? I'm concerned if I cancel with them, the number will just get lost somewhere!

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry

I have responded on the ticket for you. As mentioned I will continue to monitor the progress personally.

Hope you have a good evening.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry

I hope you are well.

I tried to call and left you a voicemail, I have updated the ticket here

Regards,

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry

I have sent you a Private Message regarding your recent contact.

If you can get back to me as soon as possible that would be great.

Regards,

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry,

I have updated the details of your order here

I will continue to monitor progress for you but if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch.

otberry
Hooked

Hi Warwick

Just checking that my broadband/phone is still scheduled to go live tomorrow on 02/04/19.

If you could provide a quick update that would be great. 

Many thanks

Oliver

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your order is still progressing as scheduled and services should go live tomorrow.

I would highlight once more that this can happen anywhere up to midnight, but I will continue to monitor this throughout the day for you.

If you have any more questions just let me know

otberry
Hooked

Hi Warwick

Just to say we’re still without service as of 17.00 on 02/04/19. I just spoke to your tech team who said the engineers can work till 6pm - but I had hoped it would have been live by now.

Thanks

Oliver
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@otberry

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for getting in touch, I've been keeping an eye on the order throughout today and all still shows as committed.

I would say that there are a number of actions that are automated and with all activation orders we do advise that this can take anywhere up to 11:59pm, so at this point I can only advise to keep an eye on things this evening.

I am back in the office first thing tomorrow so will check as soon as I am in, and my department will be available up to 10pm this evening if you have further questions tonight.

Regards,

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @otberry

Thanks for getting in touch.

I responded to the ticket on the account with more information earlier today, you can view that here

I have already got the wheels in motion for the number import so don't worry, I will give you a further update tomorrow.

Regards,