Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Existing Landline Number - Switch from Sky

FIXED
skp62

Transferring Existing Landline Number - Switch from Sky

Hello Everyone

I have just moved to Plusnet from Sky, but my old telephone number that I have had for 25 years has not. This is the message from Plusnet.

"The number you want to keep will now be in a 14 working day quarantine period. We can attempt to get this back for you however i have stressed to you that it is not 100% guaranteed.
We will pick this up after the 14 day period and try get that number back."

Whilst placing my order to switch from Sky, I was speaking with a Plusnet advisor who assured me that my landline number will not change.

I am extremely frustrated and angry that this was not the case and that when Plusnet took over and that I was not made aware of this at any point during my switch.

The fact that I am now not guaranteed my number is upsetting and I would not have switched if I had known this would happen.

Plusnet make claim that "we'll do you proud", this current situation is far from this. However, if someone at Plusnet can take personal ownership and sort out this out it would be a step to rebuilding the trust.

I have family who are elderly and for the relevant medical people to not be able to contact them due to this is alarming.

I hope this can be resolved swiftly.

Kind Regards,
Mitesh
4 REPLIES 4
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Transferring Existing Landline Number - Switch from Sky

Hi @skp62,

Firstly, I sincerely apologise for the issue in retaining your telephone number.

Having checked to see if the number can be retained, it appears that we are awaiting the number to go back to the range holder before we can request our supplier release the number and allow us to re-assign it to your line. Please note that it is still not guaranteed that the number will be retained.

I have escalated the ticket on your account to my teams pool so we can request the renumber once the 14 days has passed.

I'm afraid that it is an agents error when placing the initial order that has caused the number not to be retained, therefore I have provided the relevant feedback.

We will be back in contact as soon as we have an update.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
skp62

Hi Lewis G,
Thank you for your response.

This "agent error" seems to be a common problem when switching to plusnet and although the relevant feedback has been provided it seems the message is not getting through.

Whilst I appreciate the escalation, I need to be kept up-to date of the changes as this was not the case during my switch. Not only was my broadband connection not switched on the date given to me but this landline issue is a disaster.

I hope you and your team are able to rectify this on 13/11/2018. Please advise me of the timeframe.

Kind Regards
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Fix

No problem @skp62,

I understand why you would think this, I assure you that if we see multiple examples of an issue re-occurring this is communicated internally to prevent these type of failures in future.

With regards to being provided updates, the best I can do is ensure my team of experienced agents monitors the possibility to place the renumber and ensure it is actioned.

Once the number is free for us to place the renumber order, it can take up to 10 working days for the number to become active.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Jubby wrote:

I assure you that if we see multiple examples of an issue re-occurring this is communicated internally to prevent these type of failures in future.

This problem is on the list of things escalated by the SU's.  Some action has already taken place, but more still needs to be done to match the OFCOM requirements for number portability.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.