cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred to plusnet but thinking of leaving immediately

cpwitchpoo

Transferred to plusnet but thinking of leaving immediately

Embarrassed
Yesterday my previous service provider cancelled my broadband and phone line as per my agreement ... Coming over to plusnet for they have been voted the top provider so the advert says. What's my grief I hear you say ... I purposely asked to keep the same number as I didn't want to transfer etc. 
What did I find yesterday a very quiet day  (which I didn't mind) but I did think it strange as I am in process of organising my fathers funeral.  A relative called me to why are you not answering your phone I reply its not ringing.  It wouldn't do the adviser forgot to tell them I wanted to keep the same number what a time  to have this happen.  There is me waiting for the coroner and the registrar to call me back let alone the undertaker to mention but a few but nothing.  I spoke to another adviser who advised me we can apply for this number to be brought back BUT it would take up to 10 days to do so.  That's not good enough for me After an argument with the previous supplier I was left with making endless amounts of calls to which I doubt I will be reimbursed for ... (Is this how people make their money)  So I go to log on with my user name and password .. not only did the lass not get the number right she didn't bother to take down what I actually said for my username.  This in its self will cause many problems to put right.  So when I do get my £50 back it will compensate for all the extra calls I have had to do to get this sort out... I am trying so hard to give plus net the benefit of the doubt to put things right ....  Come on prove me wrong... As any one else ever transferred like this I am seriously thing of moving on fee or no fee ... Rant over  I have enough to worry about... I too work as a customer services adviser and I know how this would have been dealt with.

10 REPLIES 10
cpwitchpoo

Re: Transferred to plusnet but thinking of leaving immediately

It goes from bad to worse..
cpwitchpoo

From bad to worse
I  - A new number not requested
2  Wrong user name logged not as requested
3  Wrong email address logged
As a customer services adviser myself everything is repeated and repeated if in doubt ...
NedLudd
Grafter

PN staff that operate on the board usually only come here during office hours so you're unlikely to get a response from them until Monday.
I know that's no help ATM, but PN staff who do call in here WILL take ownership of your problem and sort it out.
Geoff,
York.
amcclean
Rising Star

Sad to read of your issues.
The staff who frequent these forums are very good at getting to the bottom of things. Don't take this as typical PN.
I like many others have been here for 10 years or more so trust me they are worth staying with. The 10 day retrieval for numbers is most likely out of PN control. I appreciate  it is not idea but sadly Openreach and Bt Wholesale can not be rushed into anything.
You may be able to get calls diverted to your mobile for free if restoring the number to the line might take a while.
Hope you get things sorted. 
cpwitchpoo

Thanks guys ... if it wasn't the fact that my dad passed on Wednesday and around here its hard getting burials done  having the phone line changed with out my knowledge then the user name and finally my email address all wrong Normally I wouldn't have bothered but it cost me a fortune trying to get through to important people to contact centres etc and to be put on hold the cost is to me no one else.
I am going to give the company a chance to retrieve themselves ...  and put things right Cry
amcclean
Rising Star

I'm sure they will be happy to discuss this with you. Sadly as already mentioned the forum support team aren't always in at weekends so you may need to wait until Monday.
Hope you get/got everything sorted.
podman
joclark
Grafter

Good morning cpwitchpoo, please allow me to apologise for the issues which you have encountered at this difficult time, please accept my condolences.
You have mentioned a few issues which you have experienced, first was the phone number not been transferred correctly. I have looked in to your account and I can see that this has been arranged to be transferred back to your original. I can not speed this process up unfortunately.
You mentioned about your email address, is this now correct ?
You also mention about your username, as this is a public forum I do not want to ask for it. Has this been sorted by Danielle
I am sorry I can not bring the phone transfer forward.
cpwitchpoo

Hi I have had no choice now in keeping the new telephone number as I previously said I  am having to deal with m Dad's funeral I cant really wait for the number to come back . Your representative suggested I contact everyone on face book but ... as my dad was in his 80's did not nor wanted to have anything to deal with anything electrical.  So yet another thing I have had to deal with contacting all his relatives via phone at cost to me along with the actual funeral its self. 
The email address  is correct however the username was taken down incorrectly by yet another advisor when I quieried this was told I would have to shut the whole thing down again and restart from beginning ... all of this is just adding stress when all I wanted was to change service providers not a new number  and have a happy life ... To some its a small problem not worth whinging about but if its worth doing some thing then its worth doing it well.  Angry
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Has the username problem been sorted? Whilst we can't change a username, we can create a new account with the right details. That will at least go some way trying to help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

ps I've just found out why your speed is slow. You are syncing at 288k!!! and have lots of errors still on the line.
I now need confirmation of the phone situation.
Assuming the phone is fine, I need you to try your router into the test socket if you have one (or master) and I need to run another line test whilst it's plugged in. If this shows ok, your internal wiring needs looking at. If not, you need an engineer for the broadband. You are on a long line, but wouldn't expect it to be 288k after the results I've previously seen.
Incidentally, if the phone isn't working fine, I need you to do the above test with a single corded phone.
This video might help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team