Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to PN in a couple of weeks

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Transfer to PN in a couple of weeks

I have had Plusnet Value and prior to that Metronet and have finally persuaded my OH to let me change the phone!
I have given notice on my rolling BT contract  to end on 20/3/11 and it will revert to the normal contract for Unlimited evening and weekend from 21/3/11.
I followed the link to change (had to use ie as it  failed at logon in Firefox) to the keep value BB but add the anytime phone special 3 month offer.
I got to the page were you click to proceed and having read the terms and conditions there doesn't seem to mention of any space to put a date of starting so I didn't risk  proceeding.
The Terms and conditions mentions 2/3 weeks to activate and it being from the date of receiving equipment.
I have never received any equipment as I missed all the free routers offers! Don't expect any this time.
Therefore, do I have to wait to the end of the rollins contract or is it possible to choose a date after clicking proceed.?
If this is possible should I choose 20 the last day of the old or 21 when it reverts to the normal conditions and suffer one months extra BT rental?
Wuz
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Transfer to PN in a couple of weeks

Hi Wuz,
Not sure about picking a date as it's likely that you won't need an engineer visit if the line's moving over from BT, though as you've advised them that you'll be ending your contract it'd be wise to arrange the order with at least a week to spare - they'll be expecting the order to migrate out, and though they'll charge you until the end of the contract period it'll probably be worth moving a couple of days earlier to avoid any down time.
I hope that helps,
Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Morning Matt,
I have cancelled the annual BT contract and will order next week which should be plenty of time prior to the 21/3. Not too worried about any delay as I was told I will go on the standard monthly BT contract and shouldn't lose service.
The only thing is I am not going have 1571, as I prefer my Answering Machine.  Having persuaded my better half I will have to ensure the Answering Machine is on and ready ASAP after the switch!
I presume I will get a e-mail from Plusnet although is it automated or  will there be a delay on this? I only ask because BT said they would confirm the cancelling of the annual contract and move to monthly by email. It hasn't arrived 4 days later, so I presume it is will arrive eventually either automatically on the 221/3 or whenever
Thanks for your help.
Wuz

Wuz.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wuz,
Placing the order when your monthly contract is confirmed is definitely a good idea Smiley We'll move it over like for like so if 1571 isn't on there when it moves it won't get it when the order's complete either so you should be fine there.
You'll get an email from us to advise when the order's done, you should also get one when it's placed as well so you should know in plenty of time.
Hope that helps,