Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of phone to Plusnet from BT

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Transfer of phone to Plusnet from BT

I believe Both BT and PlusNet are wrong about the 30 days, that ONLY applies to stopping the service completely, it's 14 days for a transfer and that will have been started by PN requesting the transfer on the 8th. BT have effectively admitted that in their letter quoting the 22nd!. See this extract from BT's T & C's http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentFooterPopup.jsp?pagecontentfooter_popupid=13408
Ending the service
    Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 30 days' notice. We will accept notice via a range of methods including phone, e-mail, online chat and in writing. You can contact us to give notice using any of the contact details set out on your last BT bill or any other means of contact we have given you, for that purpose. If you are switching to another provider through an approved process, the notice you must give us will be 14 days. We can stop providing the service to you by giving you 28 days' written notice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

materialman
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Quote from: MisterW
I believe Both BT and PlusNet are wrong about the 30 days, that ONLY applies to stopping the service completely, it's 14 days for a transfer and that will have been started by PN requesting the transfer on the 8th. BT have effectively admitted that in their letter quoting the 22nd!. See this extract from BT's T & C's http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

Thank you.
I called BT today and after two transfers (UK>India>UK) I finally got some sense from a nice lady in Glasgow, that this 30 day or 14 day thing only applies when in contract, which we are not - not even one of their rolling contracts for evening and weekend. So the final bill will be what ever call charges there are until transfer date and any line rental we paid in advance (we paid quarterly at the end of July). I complained that their letter was confusing, in that case, in that it seemed to cover only those in contract (even though it is wrong with respect to 30 days and not 14 as you point out). I won't believe it until I see it in black and white on the final BT bill though!
materialman
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Got final bill BT online today. As expected there is 2 months minus 1 day of advance rental to be refunded, so £31.90, and no rental liability charge.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

That's good news. Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.