cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of original phone number

vambo

Transfer of original phone number

When I moved from TalkTalk to Plusnet I discovered, by accident, that the telephone number I have had for 20+ years had not be transferred across as I was led to believe.  This is leading to communication difficulties with elderly parents in the early stages of dementia.

I have since spoken with the provisioning team who raised an order for the renumber.  Time has passed and the support question has not been updated and I am currently finding it impossible to contact customer services through the web chat.

Posting this here in case some friendly staffer comes across it and can offer some assistance in getting me an update.

(If anyone else reading this can tag a friendly staffer to bring this to their attention I would be very grateful)

7 REPLIES 7
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Transfer of original phone number

Hi there,

I've looked into this for you in full detail and have updated the ticket in relation to the number transfer fro you which can be accessed here:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=175542277
I've also sent you a email notification regarding the matter.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

vambo

Many thanks for the update @BD

Hoping that all goes through ok this time.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

I'm confident it will for you Smiley

newuser44

I'm trying to transfer from Talktalk, taking my fibre broadband and phone across. But I've had a text saying my current landline number can't be transferred to Plusnet. I don't want to lose my number which I've had for many years.  I followed up with a call to customer services who say Talktalk won't release my number - I didn't think this was allowed under Ofcom rules. Can anyone help shed any light on this?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I didn't think this was allowed under Ofcom rules.

@newuser44 You're right, it isn't. There are 1 or 2 odd cases where number transfer isn't possible but that's very unusual.

Have you contacted TT to ask them if/why they are refusing to release your number ?

I'm sure one off the PN staff will be along shortly to clarify the situation (if not I'll prod someoneSmiley)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi newuser44, I'd contact TalkTalk about first, feel free to get back to us when you have and we can try and import the number again. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vambo

All appears to be sorted now.

Many thanks to @BD and all others involved in sorting this out.