cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of my phone number

david54

Transfer of my phone number

I transferred to plusnet on the 02 April from Virgin. However, although I can make outgoing calls on the phone, I can only receive incoming calls on the Virgin line. I spoke to Virgin today who confirmed that they are waiting for plusnet to request for my number to be transferred over. Until this happens, I am stuck paying Virgin when I have ended my contract with them, and unable to join plusnet . Please can someone resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 405

Re: Transfer of my phone number

Thanks for getting in touch @david54

I've chased this up with the relevant team and they've advised that the request we placed to bring your number over expired so we've had to put through a new one.

This is due to complete on the 28th as it stands. I've taken personal ownership of this for you to make sure this gets resolved and I'll update you as soon as I know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
david54

Thank you for this Mathew, that is great. However, just to point out that this should have happened on the 02 April, and that Virgin will no doubt be charging me whilst I remain with them until the number is transferred! I hope that Plusnet will be able to cover any excess costs incurred?

David

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @david54

Once the number's ported over to us if you can upload a copy of your Virgin bill to the ticket on your account we'll look into that for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
david54

Thanks Mathew, most helpful. How will I know when the number has been ported over successfully, - apart I guess from the fact that the phone line will work correctly!?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @david54

I'll update your account once that's been confirmed as completed but you may notice the difference yourself when you start receiving the incoming calls on our line.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team