cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my land line number

Stevejday58

Transfer my land line number

Hi, I've just placed an order for broadband and the landline but need to ensure my number transfers across. I couldn't see this option anywhere, please help
3 REPLIES 3
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Transfer my land line number

Assuming when you placed the order you entered your current phone number this should automatically place the number port order as well.

If you didn't enter your phone number at any point of the order however I'd suggest getting in touch to cancel the current order and replace it, as you may be automatically renumbered. Be aware the phone lines are no doubt swamped, so be prepared to hold for a while, but this is much easier to be done before anything happens than trying to recover a number after the transfer, and recovery isnt always possible depending on the original number owner. Considering the staff shortages on here and likely the plusnet back office you'd be best making sure to talk to someone to ensure its actions straight away.
Stevejday58

Thank you. Pretty confident I entered my number throughout when asked to do so. Cheers
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Cool.

Other side-just watch your emails over the next day or two. You'll get one when the order is accepted and that will confirm the number that you should be on after transfer. If that's not your current number, get straight on the phone to them as I said earlier, but should put your mind at ease when it turns up.