cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up payment.

torbayguy
Grafter

Top up payment.

I was just going to buy some phone credit, but it seems I cant, because Plusnet done accept Solo cards!
Nice one!  Angry
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Top up payment.

you dont actually buy a top up, it is effectively a limit on how much to want to go over your allowance, and is a security until you pay your next DD , they dont actually touch the card
torbayguy
Grafter

So whats the point of it then?
Its says I can use my card to pay for my calls when I feel like it!
Thats a waste of time then  Shocked
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Not sure, but I know when I have had chargeable calls, it shows on my summary page as the credit going down, but it definitely goes onto the DD bill and not the card, but mine are only small amounts
torbayguy
Grafter

So is mine, its only 8quid, but I thought Id top up by 20quid, and then my DD should only be 12.24 for the line and caller display, as I have free BB for 4 months.
I will never figure the ways of plusnet!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you look at my sig small print Cheesy Cool
torbayguy
Grafter

hahahaha yea I just did!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The point of it that it is a limit on the size of bill you can run up.
It is really a protection for the customer as it stops enormous bills being run up by a rogue dialler or more likely a gullible child who rings some very expensive chat lines not to mention all his mates mobiles
pierre_pierre
Grafter

or a SWMBO who repeatedly rings the other halfs engaged mobiel and gets the answer phone  (in the last month)
Mand
Grafter

Guys,
I think there's some confusion here regarding credit limits and top ups.
A top up *is* a card payment. If you top up by say, £10, the next £10 of chargeable calls will be taken from this, and *won't* be charged on your monthly bill.
The credit limit is a safety net, for you and us, and any credit used when it comes to your billing date *will* be billed as part of your standard bill.
@torbayguy, you *can* make a payment by Solo, but you have to do that over the phone (as we don't have continuous authority on it so you can't just add it as your card via the portal).