cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told that my line rental was fixed for 1 year when I took out home phone + FTTC

Chinster
Grafter

Told that my line rental was fixed for 1 year when I took out home phone + FTTC

Hello, probably about 4 months ago we took out a home phone package with FTTC.  At the time we were told that you would fix our line rental for 1 year with no increases.
Therefore, to say I'm narked about the email I have recieved about an increase is an understatement.
I have already sent a question to support which they have replied to, which didn't answer my original question.  They reply just said that Ofcom stated it wasn't a detrimental change to the contract.  Well, that's fine and dandy but if you are telling customers you will fix their line rental at a certain price for the 1st year, then you raise it, that certainly sounds like a detrimental change to my contract.
I would like someone to look at the notes on my account because this was offered to me verbally when I signed, so I don't have a written record.  It was part of the reason I signed and don't while the increase isn't very much, I don't like the fact it appears I was lied to in order to help secure a lucrative home and FTTC contract.
This needs sorted.  The account we use may or may not be tied to this forum account, I really dont' know but I can supply anything that's needed.
Thanks,
Mark.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Told that my line rental was fixed for 1 year when I took out home phone + FTTC

Post a ticket number - that will tie it down
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Told that my line rental was fixed for 1 year when I took out home phone + FTTC

I've found your account, thanks.
I'm taking a look over your account now and will sort out any discounts we've promised you.
They reply just said that Ofcom stated it wasn't a detrimental change to the contract. 

I'm going to go and speak (:mand:) to the agent who said that as they are incorrect. Ofcom haven't said anything about our price charges and they *are* a detrimental change.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chinster
Grafter

Thanks for looking into it chaps.  I know BT have put it up and therefore you need to pass it on and I also know that it isn't very much, but I've been with you for years (my old personal account, and now this married account) and you've never fibbed to me yet! Wink
Chinster
Grafter

Thanks for the quick resolution guys, the outcome is more than acceptable, top work and is one of the reasons I've been with Plusnet for so long and hope to be for a long time to come.