cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket response times

essenby
Grafter

Ticket response times

Seriously - how long should a customer have to wait for an response (not a resolution but at least an acknowledgment) after raising a fault or complaint ticket? Is 26 hours and counting too long?
If there is anyone from CS who can take a look at #95276190 I'd be very grateful for a response!.  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
essenby
Grafter

Re: Ticket response times

Can anyone please tell me how to escalate a reported problem/complaint ?
The above mentioned ticket has been open now for 32 hours with no response!
What is even more annoying is the tag line below the ticket which reads:-
"Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary."
Just what is the PlusNet definition of "soon"
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi essenby,
Sorry to hear you have reason to complain.
I can see there are two separate tickets open on your account.
95275761 which is for the phone fault, that's been logged and we're expecting an initial response from our suppliers by the end of play on Monday.
95276190 has been raised as an online complaint, we aim to respond to these within 7 days so please bear with us and we will be picking that up as a separate matter in due course for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
essenby
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Many thanks for your attention.  That is exactly the sort of response I was expecting.  However,  I would expect it to be provided ON THE TICKET.  That way at least we would know that the issue has been reviewed and is in hand.
Just as e-mail is NOT a guaranteed delivery system, when a customer raises a ticket through the Help Assistant they are TOTALLY dependent on a response to that ticket for confirmation that it has been received.  Conversely - no response suggests that it has not been received or acted on leaving the customer feeling frustrated and let down.

Regards
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
As soon as a ticket has been submitted and ID is visible that means it's been successfully raised and is with us.
95275761 was raised by ourselves when you called to report the phone fault on the 27th we were waiting for an update from our suppliers so we had nothing to update you with at that stage. The fault has since been closed by our suppliers as they believe it to be fixed. Can you confirm if it has been please?
With regards to your complaint it would be unfair of us to prioritise that over others, as mentioned you should see a response soon as per the lead times we show here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml?source=keymatch
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
essenby
Grafter

Hi Adam
Yes I can confirm that the fault has been resolved, for now, but I'm not holding my breath as this is a repeat issue.  Furthermore, the ticket raised for that fault is STILL showing that :-
"Question [ 95275761 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon."  - this comment is dated 7:08am, Monday 1 Dec 2014
So can you see where I;m coming from with regards to keeping the customer informed.  The ticket was taken "off hold" on Monday morning and I wasn't informed.  The fault has been resolved at some point in time and I wasn't informed.  All in all I think some attention needs to be given to this communication (or lack of) process.
With regards to the complaint, this was not against Plus Net, but more a request to raise, on my behalf, the complaint with BT/OR.  Had I been a BT customer I could raise the issue with them, but because I am not I have to report it through Plus Net.  If this is the wrong way to do this then I apologise, but this is what I was advised to do.  Whilst I appreciate that there are set times for investigating and responding to a complaint with yourselves, having to wait that length of time for you to pass the issue on does seem a little long winded to say the least.
I will await their response with baited breath.

Regards,
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

72 hours! That's nothing. Try a month. Though to be fair the slow response time  is often due to BT/ OR and NOT PN
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Whilst I appreciate that there are set times for investigating and responding to a complaint with yourselves, having to wait that length of time for you to pass the issue on does seem a little long winded to say the least.

I appreciate what you're saying, however until the complaint ticket is picked up by one of the team we don't know what it's regarding. We'll address the complaint and raise this to OR where necessary.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had an issue that was allegedly down to BTOR but I have no contractual relationship with BTOR. PN's responsibility is to manage their suppliers; blaming them is simply an admission of a lack of management capability, not an excuse for poor service.
Long ticket response times are down to understaffing and providing service on the cheap.
Also note that commenting on a ticket "pushes it to the bottom of the queue". Yep - that's a quote from a company that thinks it's good at service! Not a clue. Roll_eyes