cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket placed on hold for a week for a simple question?

Cathotel
Grafter

Ticket placed on hold for a week for a simple question?

Hi,
Maybe I did ask a 'dumb' question but I only wanted confirmation and ticket placed on hold for 7 days???
Maybe someone here can advise ? - my question pasted below...
Hi,
Could you please confirm that as an Anytime phone package customer a call to a number beginning 01481 is part of the inclusive package?
It should be by definition it starts with 01 and Alderney/Guernsey aren't listed in your International code section, but I know some companies and mobile providers treat UK Channel Island numbers as 'International'
The number I want to dial is in Alderney.
Many thanks,
Pete
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Ticket placed on hold for a week for a simple question?

I can't be sure about Plusnet but from the BT Site
Calling Plans

With  Calling  Plans  you  pay  a  monthly  charge  which  lets  you make calls to UK* local and national numbers at no additional charge. Other call charges are as detailed within this guide.

*UK means calls of up to an hour to Local and National numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03. Excluded calls include non-geographic numbers (e.g. 0871), Premium Rate services, operator-controlled calls, calls to the internet, information and paging services, local, national  and  all  non-geographic  numbers  used  to  dial  up  ISPs, other non-voice calls and calls to the Channel Islands.
Since Plusnet say that inclusive calls are within the UK it probably applies
Cathotel
Grafter

Thank you Oldjim - this is what I was wondering as it's a hideous 50p/min on EE mobile to an Alderney landline.
But, it begins with 01 and Channel Islands aren't listed as an International site - maybe that's the reason for the week on hold Smiley
Patience is a virtue Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Update
I did a search on these Forums
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99733.0.html/
and this is the post
Quote from: Kelly
This question just came up internally.  Calls to the channel islands are included.
Cathotel
Grafter

I came across the BT reference and had a look at the 'simple' call charge listing in PN and can't believe the lottery of charges Sad
So as I have no patience Smiley I think I'll make a quick call and check my bill Smiley
Thank  you Oldjim for your help
Pete
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Cathotel,
No idea why it was placed on hold. Sorry for that, I'll feed back on the agent that did it.
Alderney is included in Guernsey, as it uses the same area code. Is that correct? Guernsey uses the same phone numbering system as the United Kingdom.  Subsequently, this should make it qualify as a landline call.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Cathotel
Grafter

Hi Matty,
Thank you for confirming that and yes 01481 is I believe generic to all of the Channel Islands, but definitely the same for Guernsey.
Regards,
Pete
Cathotel
Grafter

If anyone is interested the reply after a week on hold was this
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your query about this. On the home phone package UK numbers starting with an '01' prefix will be included in the relevent phone packages. Sadly calls Alderney would be classed as an international call as it isn't under the UK network, as call are routed in an alternative method. I hope this clarifies this for you. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think PN need to make a consistent approach here as I've had two conflicting replies Sad also if it is classed as international why isn't it listed in the 'International' charges section?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I was of the impression these were classed as 01 (UK national or local) calls due to the prefix. Let me double/triple check!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Reading between the lines of the BT Residential Tarrif guide, calls to the Channel Islands are charged as National UK calls but not included in call packages.
Quite why, goodness knows!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So here's the definitive answer, we've checked the dialling codes against each call plan to make sure this is correct.
These calls are billing the same way as other UK landline calls.
We've also raised a task to get the information on the website updated with this, it won't update instantly but will be in one of the next couple of releases (we do a release every 3 weeks).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.