Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of taking phone line with Plusnet - Advice needed, please

Jessica
Grafter

Thinking of taking phone line with Plusnet - Advice needed, please

I need advice,
At the moment my phone is with BT and my broadband with Plusnet.  My current package is Plusnet Extra for which I am paying £19.49 per month.
I’m now thinking of changing to Plusnet Unlimited for just £9.99.  Saving me almost £10 per month.  Is that correct or am I reading something wrong?  Seems to good to be true?Huh
Also, what’s the £75.00 per month credit limit thing when I pay an extra £5.00 for ‘Anytime’ calls?  Does that mean if my ‘Anytime’ calls cost most than £75.00 in a month, I will then be charged for calls?
Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Thinking of taking phone line with Plusnet - Advice needed, please

The £9.99 is if your exchange is Market 2 or 3 - check here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
The credit limit is the limit for chargeable calls such as calls to mobiles nothing to do with the number of included calls you make
The price you are quoting would be Plusnet Extra in Market 1 or 2 exchange without phone £19.49 http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet-extra-archive.shtml
In which case if you are Market 2 then the £9.99 applies but if you are Market 1 it is £16.99
Either way I suggest calling the Customer Options Team on 0330 123 9197 as they may very well offer you a good package
An alternative as you are thinking of moving your phone you could try residential sales 0800 432 0080
Jessica
Grafter

Thanks for the help.
I thought there was a catch.  I'm in the wrong area for the £9.99 price.  Looks like I have to pay £16.99 instead.
I'll make the call in the morning.
Cheers....
Apprentice
Grafter

If you haven't already made "the call" then when you do ask to speak to the Customer Options Team which I think are available between 9.00am and 8.00pm.
Tell the COT you are willing to move your line rental and calls to PN and would also move to the unlimited broadband package if they could give you a "good" discount offer to make it worth your while, you never know what's available unless you ask.
Jessica
Grafter

Thanks for the advice.
I just spoke to them - they didn’t offer me any deal.  They just confirmed the prices.
Cheers…

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Hmmmmm.... thats strange.
Make sure you speak to the customer options team not customer services and ask what deal they will give you if you take the home phone.
Studio_Two
Grafter

Quote from: Jessica
Thanks for the advice.
I just spoke to them - they didn’t offer me any deal.  They just confirmed the prices.
Cheers…

Sorry to hijack your thread.
Seems a bit miserly. I was thinking about moving my phone line to PlusNet. Phone and Broadband would be £24.49 (and no CLI).
If you take BT Line saver, it works out at 11.75 / month. PlusNet unlimited (for me) is 9.99. Making a total of 21.74 / month buying separately. I would have thought a package with PlusNet would be a saving. But, it would seem not. Am I missing something?
The headline figure for this deal on the PlusNet home page for phone and broadband unlimited is £17. What gives?