Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of switching phone to PN

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Thinking of switching phone to PN

With BT I'm on their Unlimited AnyTime package @ £8.50/month (£9.50 from 16 Sept). The links are so muddly I can't be sure of PN equivalent cost. BTW when was last price rise for phone? I do hope not to be caught out too soon by another increase.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Luzern.

Our anytime call package costs £8 per month, more details can be found Here and our line rental is £18.99.

Last year was the last time that our line rental increased by £1, but we'd offer our customers the opportunity to leave their contract penalty free if a price refresh makes a detrimental change.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@Luzern wrote:

@With BT I'm on their Unlimited AnyTime package @ £8.50/month (£9.50 from 16 Sept).

Some respected members of this community and other forums have recommended pulse8 for line rental.

https://pulse8broadband.co.uk/line-rental

£13 per month line rental and 1p per minute call charge for national calls with no call set up fee!

£8.50 buys 850 minutes of national calls...

If/when PN follow BT & increase line rental, I will be looking to move my LR to pulse8.

Richard

Luzern
Hero

pn spec offer.gifNow there's a special offer on with a £9.99 discount for 18 months,

it seems a no-brainer to change.

However I can neither see an option to alter the date for change,

needed as I have a few days short of a month on BT's LRS,

nor can I see one to opt for PN's LRS.

How am I to cover those matters?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Luzern,

Unless a new line installation is required, our website won't give you the option to change the date of your order I'm afraid.

If you speak to our sales team over the phone they will be able to arrange to move your services to us on your specified date. There's currently no wait to speak to this team. They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Alternatively, if you'd prefer you can sign up online and then send me a private message with your account username and the date that you would like to switch to us and we'll arrange this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Hero

@EmilyD Smiley

PM has just been sent you.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Luzern

As Emily isn't in at the moment please feel free to PM your username to myself with the dates you require as I'm more than happy to help.

Please be aware the dates need to be Monday - Friday.

Thank you.

Luzern
Hero

@OllieC You should have my PM

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Luzern,

After reading your PM I'm afraid this must be dealt with via the telephone as we cannot action your requests via community or social media.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Luzern
Hero

@EmilyD wrote:

Hi @Luzern,

Unless a new line installation is required, our website won't give you the option to change the date of your order I'm afraid.

If you speak to our sales team over the phone they will be able to arrange to move your services to us on your specified date. There's currently no wait to speak to this team. They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Alternatively, if you'd prefer you can sign up online and then send me a private message with your account username and the date that you would like to switch to us and we'll arrange this for you.

@OllieC wrote:

Hi @Luzern,

After reading your PM I'm afraid this must be dealt with via the telephone as we cannot action your requests via community or social media.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Well, I’ve damaged to get the date changed, but not as easily as Emily suggested. There was a long wait to be connected, and my call needed to be transferred. Through to the right person, I had difficulty with understanding him, and he seemed offended that I wished to speak to someone else, who’d be clearer, and appeared unwilling to pass me to a manager. However after much strong insistence he did.

The experience has not been a pleasant one at all, because I feel E should not have offered something not available and the problem with the online rep. who I thought suggested there might be a charge for the date amendment..

TBAH I was at that time quite minded to keep my phone with BT.

After many years of PN broadband I hope this is an isolated unsatisfactory incident.

u

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Luzern

I'm really sorry to see how this has been handled.

I've made my line manager aware and we'll be feeding this back appropriately as this isn't the service we aim to the deliver.

I've double (And triple) checked the transfer of your phone line and I can see it's going through OK for the 16/08/2018.

Again please accept our apologies for the experience you've had and feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns or queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Luzern
Hero

@Gandalf Thank you!

I received a email copy of a closed ticket of the incident. It was pleasantly worded. Now I'm calmed down I wouldn't want my post to raise too high waves.

Good Evening,

It was a pleasure to speak with you and I was pleased we could resolve the issue,

X has now arranged the change you requested,

I am sorry that you struggled a bit with our accents but you Can trust us Yorkshire folk,

All the best from Sheffield!

Kind regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all @Luzern, I was happy to see that response too!

Let us know if you have any further issues or queries.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet