cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of moving to PN phone service from BT

johnoconnell

Thinking of moving to PN phone service from BT

I've read previous posts regarding questions about Plusnet's telephone package and had a few further questions:
1. What's the contract length?
2. Do Plusnet handle everything releating to the transfer from BT, including giving them the necessary notice before transferring my phone service?
Also, FTTC is coming to my area from 1st March 2012 so I'll probably be upgrading my current PN BB to one of the fibre products, but am I better off waiting until I upgrade to the fibre product before adding the home phone Anytime calls package?
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Thinking of moving to PN phone service from BT

Contract length 10 days unless you go for the Line Rental Saver when it is effectively 12 months
Plusnet handle the transfer but don't have anything to do with the notice period - you have to sort that out as, if you are on 12 months notice it could be very expensive
Moving to FTTC - has no relevance with regard to moving the phone but I would not recommend doing both at the same time as if something went wrong with the phone connection in mid move it would be difficult to sort
johnoconnell

Quote from: Oldjim
Moving to FTTC - has no relevance with regard to moving the phone but I would not recommend doing both at the same time as if something went wrong with the phone connection in mid move it would be difficult to sort

Thanks for the info
I'll do the phone transfer first then after I've provided the 1 month's notice to BT
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@johnoconnell
Welcome aboard, do let me know if you have any difficulties whilst transferring over. Although we'll handle the transfer of the phone service I do still advise new customers to tell their previous provider just to make sure your account is closed and billing is stopped as appropriate.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johnoconnell

Today I phoned BT, provided notice so will add the Plusnet Home Phone package in 30 days time.
@Adam: thanks for your response, surely the billing will be stopped as soon as Plusnet inform BT that they're taking over the service?  Or does it not work like that?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

surely the billing will be stopped as soon as Plusnet inform BT that they're taking over the service?  Or does it not work like that?

It should work like that yes, such things normally rely on automated systems so I always advise informing the losing provider to make sure it does happen (only as I've seen one or two cases where it hasn't worked). It's up to you whether you do or not.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team