cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving.

olivermoran

Thinking of leaving.

Have only been with plusnet for 4-5 months but already thinking of going back to BT.  Have had an on-going problem with phone line ever since Plusnet took control of phone.  have an intermittent problem of the line cracking and have had the engineers out but because it has not happened when they have actually turned up they say there is nothing that they can do.  They have done all sorts of tests, say theres nothing wrong with the line and the fibre and phone copper is fine so nothing left to do unless they actually hear the problem which they have not been able to as when they come the cracking clears.  I did not have this problem with BT and am thinking of returning to them.  this problem is happening at various times, during the rain, during the sunshine, doesn't matter, not going to waste time calling them out for them to say nothing we can do until we hear the crackling, ridiculous. 

2 REPLIES 2
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Thinking of leaving.

Hi olivermoran,

I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving because of the issues that you are facing on your line. I can see that you have raised the issues before through our faults team but the tickets were closed after they said the issue was resolved. With issues like this if it is not resolved on your side and you are still experiencing the issues you need to report this back to our faults team as soon as possible whilst your fault ticket is still open. I would recommend to raise this back to our faults team at faults.plus.net so we can investigate this further for you.

The move to a new provider would possibly not resolve the issue as well as we and most companies use BT lines and the fault would still be present. Are you finding that the noise is intermittent from time to time?

olivermoran

Re: Thinking of leaving.

Yes, the engineer said that weather could affect it but it happens in the rain and the sunshine. I have had 2 engineers out now and they have said that unless they hear the cracking there is nothing they can do. Both times they came out the crackling was not present, but today it has been really bad. I have a recording of the crackling on my phone that I've recorded today. Weather they will accept this as evidence before they start to investigate further I don't know.