Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving Plusnet Home Phone

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Thinking of leaving Plusnet Home Phone

I am consider of moving my home phone line from Plusnet to other company once my LRS expiry in July. I found other company a great reviews, excellent support email and customer service answered the phone instant.
It's also cheaper than Plusnet £15.95 for line rental or £12.99 if take out the LRS. Other company is offering just £7.99 for line rental if take up LRS. So I would save £60 less than PN.
One company. One bill. One great discount.
Special offerSave up to 40%  when you switch your landline service to us.  Cheesy

Features:
   Special call packages tailored to your calling patterns
   Full range of Select Services such as 1471, Call waiting, Call Minder, Call Diversion
   One single bill for all calls and monthly rental charges
   BT/Openreach maintained lines. All our lines use the BT/Openreach network giving you access to the most reliable network in the UK.
   Personalised customer service and 24/7 fault reporting service from our UK teams
   Competitively priced New Line installations also available if required

24 REPLIES 24
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Thinking of leaving Plusnet Home Phone

Go for it Smiley
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Sound to good to be true  :D,  which company is that with?
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

leader
Grafter

Didn't that deal expire in 2013  ?
Might lose your 14.99 special  ....So it will be full pelt 22.49pm if your fttc is staying put.
Things will only "get better" when the ee users come aboard... So its wise to look around Max.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: goldenfibre
Nah I stay with Plusnet because they have a better discount in a long contract term than BT. Plus they have UK Call Centre too. Smiley

Do not forget that you will loose your BB discount if you move the phone away from PlusNet.  You had better look at this other company's internet offers too!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I don't care about losing BB discount as PN support go from good to worse now. Time to switch more likely!
AndyH
Grafter

How has PN Support been bad for you?
It looks to me like every time you've asked for something, they've helped you out (on here).
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I only kidding! Cheesy but it just the phone I want to switch to save me money!
As for BB I wouldn't be worse off because still got referral £2.50 a month off. So losing £2.50 a month when moving the phone away from broadband won't affect me.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Interesting
I assume it is this one http://www.uk-wholesale.co.uk/business-phone-line/
Of course when your present discounted fibre ends you won't be able to get a decent discounted deal
I assume that when you signed up it was a discounted phone/fibre package so it is an interesting question what cancellation charges you will be hit with for moving your phone
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

That's what I found first, then also found http://www.edisontelecommunications.co.uk/home-phone
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

No both links are not the one I am interesting look into it. It's was this company here: http://www.mayratelecom.com/home-phone
leader
Grafter

Quote from: Webif
Didn't that deal expire in 2013  ?

Wink
Things you should know.
Customers must switch landline and calls to receive the 'Landline Discount'.
Offer ends 31st July 2013
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Mayra and Edison uncannily have exactly the same wording and information constructs, down to hidden / open on click "what you need to know".  They both state...
All our lines use the BT/Openreach network giving you access to the most reliable network in the UK.

Someone us graving a but of a laugh - this this not exactly a unique differentiator nor strictly honest.  Given that it the only pan-UK provider, it must also rank as the least reliable at the same time.  Cheesy

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Both Edison and Mayra websites say "design by Arkitex" at the bottom, and they're both hosted on the same IP address. Mayra doesn't seem to give a company number.
Quote from: http
Testimonials
"Nothing compares. Telecoms is an industry that is always growing and Telcoinabox made it easy for me to be a part of it.
Everybody needs the products we sell and Telcoinabox allow me to offer a high level of service to back up these products which is something every business wants."
- Mayra Telecom
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One other thing which may be relevant
Fibre is only offered by Plusnet in conjunction with phone - so moving the phone away may be taken as cancelling the fibre