Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The price of phone calls

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

The price of phone calls

We need a landline for the internet and the cost of phone calls is a bonus for BT/PN

TalkTalk and Sky throw them in for free at the flat rate of £25pm.

I'm tempted.......

3 REPLIES 3
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: The price of phone calls

@TeeGee 

I guess a comparison depends on how much you're paying PN for your Internet / line rental (without calls).

If it's much under £25 then it's probably worth looking at VoIP for your calls.

Edit:  typo

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@TeeGee 

Tempted by what exactly? Is it because there are free calls presumably(?) over limited times of the day from the competitors? I have no idea what is 'thrown in' with Plusnet, I pay £9 per month for all my Anytime landline and mobile calls. Have you looked at the overall cost of broadband and calls, taking into consideration the Plusnet call package option that is equivalent?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@Baldrick1 

Overall both Sky and TalkTalk are both cheaper is you use  a landline regularly and Sky even cheaper if you have Sky TV too. That is why they both have a strong customer base.

Their advertising about speed is debateable as internet comes down the same wires as everyone else to my home.

I see in the news today that BT are reassessing their pricing strategy but one can only assume with boardroom infighting that there is disagreement as to how to get the money back they spent on BT Sport and improve shareholder value..