cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you.

LukeDavison

The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you.

Hi,

I've switched over from BT to Plusnet, I currently placed an order 2 days ago that says it's currently processing and has been stuck on this. I went to chat online but it's not available. I went to phone their customer service to find out what's happening. It's telling me not to ring as there's a large number of calls currently and to ring back later ... that was yesterday so i tried first thing this morning... it still said the same thing. Weird. Also tried to message plusnets help twitter handle for help, no reply. So now I've signed up to this forum for help as i feel like someone is playing a joke on me here or I'm in limbo ... i'd like to know what's happening with my internet and any updates or whether i need to just cancel. it just says:

"The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you if there are any problems.
[internal]
The order for this service has been rejected. Please see the install history tool for full details."

I had the same problem with BT who i had been a customer with for a few years and i moved address and the order kept automatically getting cancelled and they kept replacing the order and it was apparently because there was already an active line here. So they sent letters out saying they were going to overtake the line (which is fine because i live here now so i was the one receiving them) again, orders kept getting cancelled and i was on the phone for over an hour each time and i was ringing at least 5 times a week for updates and listening to the same thing. Anyway, they eventually sent it to the offline team and said my services will be activated on the 14th July. I thought to just wait this time, not chase, just wait, let them do their job instead of constantly having to chase and make them aware that it has cancelled ...

The 14th came and there was no activation still, no router sent so i phoned BT to ask what was happening. After over an hour on the phone again they said there was some work carried out from the offline team but no body from their end bothered to pick it up to place a new order ... i couldn't believe it, this has now been over a month i have moved into this property. I did everything by the book to transfer my internet over. I was even having to phone and tell them what was happening just so it can get sorted and now they said this. So they did a new order ... NOW the 28th July the services will be activated and i can be sure that it will work this time. Anyway, the day after the order was automatically cancelled again so that's when i decided to move over to Plusnet because that customer services was absolutely diabolical ... i was told someone is going to personally monitor my situation and take care of it guaranteed, just to phone up and find all this out. Not that i'm shocked but I am still no closer to internet it seems as plusnet might be the start of what I've experienced with BT but all I'd like is answers instead of stressing over this. It feels difficult to even find anyone to talk to so i can get answers here it's frustrating. 

So yeah ... i'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can shed some light on my situation.

3 REPLIES 3
elaine3

Re: The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you.

I placed my order on the 16th of June I am still waiting for a response. For the past 10 days I have tried to make contact and getting no response from any source.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

I've tried calling you this morning to discuss your installation, I didn't leave a message. It sounds like your previous experience has been down to Openreach engineer availability or delays.

Your provision appears on track and the date has been confirmed here. If you need any further assistance, please come back to us.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

Sincere apologies for the order delay. I called you today and have outlined my response and action here.

I will monitor your order and correspond regularly as advised, if you have any queries about this please do not hesitate to come back to me.

Thanks - LF