Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the wrong phone number guys

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Thanks for the wrong phone number guys

Ok you know the drill... we switched phone to you, you told us we'd have a new number.. then sent us an email telling our phone number was the SAME as the old number.
So.. we've been giving out the old number (as stated by you) to people... and consequently people haven't been contacting us.
Tonight the missus tried calling it - suspicious that you've fluffed it. Guess what? It didn't ring. So I rang her mobile from the landline....
GUESS WHAT?
It came up with a totally different phone number that YOU never gave us.
We finally found this out after TWO LONG FLAMING WEEKS.
Care to comment?
Oh and we apparently have no voicemail... which she thought was included?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Thanks for the wrong phone number guys

Harry's picking this up as it looks a bit more complicated than first glance as we didn't seem to be the phone provider at your old address, so shouldn't actually be able to transfer that number to us without first taking over that line. He's adding a ticket to your account and will keep that updated.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
7up
Community Veteran

And that all makes sense... but you (your company) knew all that in the first place!
So why then proceed to tell us that we'd have the same number?
Your IT systems need to take this into account for future customers doing a similar move / signup or you'll get heavily slated for it.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The system advised your line was transferring with your old number due to the way the housemove agent applied the phone component to your account, which caused automation to place orders to transfer the line at your previous address across to us.
The systems have worked exactly as they should have in this instance, however confusion has been caused by agent error, which I will be passing feedback on about.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7ups
Quote from: HarryB
The system advised your line was transferring with your old number due to the way the housemove agent applied the phone component to your account, which caused automation to place orders to transfer the line at your previous address across to us.
The systems have worked exactly as they should have in this instance, however confusion has been caused by agent error, which I will be passing feedback on about.

What does that even mean? It's all gobbldygook... it might as well be written in chinese.

Gotta hand it to her, as a person who has no clue about your internal systems, she's right.
Infact most customers don't care about who stuffed it up and whether your systems worked properly, they just want it done.
And when will someone comment on the voicemail? - no reply to the ticket yet... and i posted about that on the day this topic was created!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: 7up
Your IT systems need to take this into account for future customers

I was simply explaining that the systems worked as they should do, but the reason it has caused errors/confusion in this case is due to the fact that an advisor made an error.
Apologies that I didn't respond to the comment you made on the ticket. Voicemail has been active on your line since 19/11/15 11:34am.
I'm currently working on moving the number from the old address to the new address and will provide further updates on the ticket shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
7up
Community Veteran

Ok, thanks - appreciated  Wink